Missing Genres

Tester

Happy2Play

Luke.. I was really struggling to understand why I needed to post everything all over again when the issue is exactly as stated in the initial posts.

But now glad you got me to look into it since it seems the problem is not the same.

What I found is that many of my movies, all under a particular missing genre, have had their genre id blasted clear.  I went through all the missing movies and recreated the genre id which caused the movies to reappear.

I then opened the genre cleaner and noticed that the MAP TO setting was incorrect only on the missing genres.  I went ahead and uninstalled genre cleaner and now all is fine.

I would like to reinstall this plugin, but should we try to troubleshoot the root cause first ?  If so, please advise.

Since you uninstalled the plugin, I would ensure you manually delete the config file before reinstall as uninstall does not remove the configurations.  (\Emby-Server\plugins\configurations\GenreCleaner.xml)

Edited by Happy2Play

Tester

Ebr, I made the mistake to uninstall fairly quickly without first taking notes.. but what I do remember is the the missing genres did not have the correct selection in the pull down menu for selection, only those genres that I was able to see.  Sorry if this is confusing.

Happy2Play, thanks for the tip, I will make sure those files are deleted before I reinstall the plugin