Rules and conventions for music image source

RedStripe

RedStripe

I have 1) Front Cover and 2) Artist images embedded in ALL of my Music media (i.e., FLAC, mp3, mp4, m4a, wv, ape). In some cases, I have 3) Back Cover 4) Disc and 5) Icon images embedded also.

I have "Image Extractor" set as primary Image fetcher for the album image.
568c50d0db76a_Capture.png

I have "FanArt" set as primary Image fetcher for the artist image. There is no option for "Image Extractor".
**** Question
    I am confused here as it appears that the artist image is retrieved from "...\IBN\People..." or the "...\Artist    

Name\folder.*" file. Please clarify how this is intended to work. (Not sure which is the display source since in my

case the images are identical)
    Is it the case that the local image("...\Artist Name\folder.*") takes priority if it is present?

568c50f9e4def_Capture1.png

I have "Image Extractor" set as the primary Image fetcher for the song image.
**** Issue
    However, the image displayed for the song varies sporadically between "Front cover", "Back Cover", "Artist" and 

"Disc". I have confirmed that in every case BOTH the "Front cover" and the "Artist" images are embedded in the

file.
    Which image is intended to be displayed for a "Song" when one or both images are embedded and "Image

Extractor" is the preferred method"

Examples of sporadic song images (Front cover, Disc, Back Cover):

568c5176a6be3_Capture3.png  

568c519861787_Capture4.png

RedStripe

Here is a file that displays the disc image: 19. Life's On The Line.mp3

Please advise which image is intended to be displayed for a "Song" when "Front cover" and/or "Artist" images are embedded and "Image     Extractor" is the preferred method.

Thanks

• Like 1