How does MB-C handle subtitles?

NJ RadioGuy

It lets you use the best of both worlds and was what Deihmos was actually suggesting.  You turn XBMC into your front-end for your MB 3 server. 

XBMB3C

• 1 year later...
Nick's MCE

NJ Radio Guy

I had exactly the same problem, I downloaded all the subtitles but no way to turn them on or off. In WMC there is definitely no way to do this. I did work out that through the codec you can switch this feature off to stop subtitles displaying which have been downloaded by Emby.

I use the K-Lite codec pack which includes the FFDSHOW @ DIRECT VOB SUB. If you download and install the K-Lite pack you will definitely have these features. In the DIRECT VOB SUB under the general tab you will find 2 options for subtitles, you can select both or just 1 or the other. The options are for embedded subs and  external subs, external subs will  be the ones downloaded by EMBY. If you uncheck the external subs box and hit aplly this will then have them turned off.

I understand the whole issue of being able to remote control the switching on or off for exactly the same reasons as you. Unfortunately it just won't happen in WMC unless one of the GEEKS writes a  code, which I am sure they could do.

I have attached a screen shot of what to look for in win8 and also the screen shot of DIRECT VOBSUB where you can switch it on or off. If you are running 64bit system you will find 2 apps for this (64 BIT @ 32 BIT) as in the screen shot, I opened both apps and un-checked external subs in both off them.55f4739736b18_Screenshot201509122115.jpg55f473a8b0203_Screenshot201509122116.jpg

Hope it helps

Nick