XBOX 360 not seeing DLNA server

Counterfitninja

Counterfitninja

Hi All,

So far Media Browser is just killing it.

I love the playto feature and that works without issue if I playto from my phone or laptop to my xbox360.

however I want to be able to browse the DLNA server direct from the Video player within the Xbox Dashboard. I can see my other DLNA server which sits on the same server. but the media browser wont show up.

I can also see Media Browser DLNA from different apps on my phone so it should be working.

has anyone got it working this way round?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
acdvorak

@@Luke, I would be happy to assist with the Xbox 360 DLNA profile if it would help.  I did extensive testing of the 360's H.264 and audio codec support last year and documented its limits in great detail.  I would also be happy to help test.

• 2 weeks later...
smokey7722

I installed Version 3.0.5287.19943 the other day to test, but my X360 still does not see the MB server.  My other devices like Samsung TV's and all do detect it though.  Just the 360 that still does not.  Let me know if theres any logs or anything I can provide if you saw otherwise in your testing.

we're going to need someone like @@acdvorak to debug why it's not showing up. i don't think of us who have participated in dlna development have a 360 on hand.

smokey7722

we're going to need someone like @@acdvorak to debug why it's not showing up. i don't think of us who have participated in dlna development have a 360 on hand.

Thanks.  If theres anything I can do on my side let me know.  I have never done DLNA development but I am more than happy to test or run packet captures or anything required to assist.

• 1 month later...
Ghostm

Edited my post after realizing my 360 wont bootup properly unless my avr is on, so the edited log would be the correct one i just uploaded now.

• 2 weeks later...
Counterfitninja

Even after all the latest beta updates, the xbox 360 is not seeing the DLNA server. It also seems that play to hand off over DLNA seems to transcode everything even though I can stream the same files without transcoding using Kooraroo media server. This used to work fine. Shall I post the log here or start a new thread?

there's nothing we can do about x360 until someone either donates one or a developer steps up to work on it.

streaming should still work fine without transcoding, but we have bitrate settings now and those settings are probably why transcoding is occurring. you can see default bitrate limits in the dlna profiles.

Counterfitninja

Thanks for the update, and..

Looks like I have found the transcoding bug, this is from my log

2014-08-17 21:17:39.6885 Debug - Dlna: Xbox 360 - Received PlayRequest: PlayNow
2014-08-17 21:17:39.7197 Debug - Dlna: Found matching device profile: DirecTV HD-DVR
2014-08-17 21:17:39.8291 Debug - Dlna: Xbox 360 - Playlist created
2014-08-17 21:17:39.8447 Debug - Dlna: Xbox 360 - Playing 1 items
2014-08-17 21:17:39.8760 Debug - Dlna: Xbox 360 - SetAvTransport Uri:

If I remove the DirecTV HD-DVR .xml file its picks up the xbox and streams fine. However when I re-start the server the files are recreated.

Ghostm

I will check mine later, thats strange its using a different profile, the headers and info premade with the profiles look completely different. 

Play To uses the upnp properties, whereas the server uses the request headers. In the new release there are no upnp properties filed out which is causing the direct tv profile to be a match for any device whose name is lower in the alphabet. (when used with play to).  It'll be resolved in the next release, which will be very soon due to the beta.

Ghostm, you can confirm the fix by adding FriendlyName="^DIRECTV.*$" to the identification requirements.

Ghostm

Edit:actually editing the premade directv xml directly seemed to fix it, appears it goes back to normal though on a server restart thats why it did not work originally.

Oddly though editing the original xbox 360 profile in any sort of way also fixed the issue when it auto created a custom profile. 

Edited by Ghostm

• 3 weeks later...
Counterfitninja

Latest update does not seemed to have helped the 360 seeing the Dlna server for mb3. Plus when I play to from an app the initial stream seems a little choppy and I get the occasional pause in video. Nothing is transposing so should be just streaming. I do not get the pauses on the same file with my other Dlna server if I search via the Xbox. 

Been looking into the logs and there is nothing obvious to suggest the slight glitches I'm seeing

Edited by Counterfitninja

Counterfitninja

Anyone got any suggestions for settings in the profile for 360 that I can tweak to try and remove the glitch. Only seems to do this on the 360. When playing to other devices, although being pulled and not pushed, the choppiness js not there.

we haven't really had a developer test xbox 360 yet so until that happens i'm not sure. in the meantime you can always try playing with bitrates in the profile

• 2 weeks later...
Counterfitninja

Ok so some further info, turns out that its the codecs that are causing the problems and only through mb3. My Original file stutters every 30seconds or so, butificonvertthe mp4 x264 file to be avi mpeg-4 it streams perfectly. One one know why this would be? Mp4 is more versatile for my needs but would consider converting to avid mpeg 4 if its the only way to solve my stuttering streaming on the Xbox via play to in mb3.any thoughts welcome. 

• 6 months later...
sunnyg

Guess this never got resolved as my 360 won't pick up the server with the current release but my xbox one and other dnla devices see Emby with no issue

I would love to get this resolved. I am hoping someone with an Xbox 360 and some technical know-how with Dlna comes forward to help debug the problem.