FR: Auto-organize move subtitles files

TonkaTuff

TonkaTuff

Hello.

Could an option to move file types for subtitles to be added to the auto-organize feature?

*.sub; *.idx; *.ssa; *.srt

and maybe *rar as well.

Cheers.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
FredMuppeteer

This would be great.  At the moment I download shows with subtitles, but Auto Organise ignores them and then Emby tries to download new ones which are sometimes wrong.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
diaz1510

+1 on this...I've got a large number of shows that were auto-organized, but now I have to rename each subtitle and move it into the corresponding folder...PITA, lol...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was going to create a FR for this, but it actually exists: +1 yes this would be a great addition.

@Nologic: the point of Auto-organize is to reduce the manual work in maintaining one's library. People asking for subtitle handling by Auto-organize will probably not be willing to re-mux their files to include subtitles there... :)

Nologic

@ xliv

Manual work?? There shouldn't be a whole lot of that involved.

FileBot or MediaCenter Master or the like can fetch SRT subs.

One should be able to write a script to recursively find non SRT subs, and pump them through Subtitle Edit, in about 5min time.

One should be able to write a script to recursively find & embed SRT subs into whatever container, using FFMpeg or MKVToolsNix, in about 15min of time.

So the only real time involved would be having to babysit Subtitle Edit for when it has to OCR non text based subtitles.

For each their own...but I find having subs embedded less fragile...since I don't have to worry about name change sync. Plus it helps keep the Master File Table small.

Vidman

@ xliv

Manual work?? There shouldn't be a whole lot of that involved.

FileBot or MediaCenter Master or the like can fetch SRT subs.

One should be able to write a script to recursively find non SRT subs, and pump them through Subtitle Edit, in about 5min time.

One should be able to write a script to recursively find & embed SRT subs into whatever container, using FFMpeg or MKVToolsNix, in about 15min of time.

So the only real time involved would be having to babysit Subtitle Edit for when it has to OCR non text based subtitles.

For each their own...but I find having subs embedded less fragile...since I don't have to worry about name change sync. Plus it helps keep the Master File Table small.

That may all be quick and easy for you but it's not for most, also most clients actually have alot less issues with external subs

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 years later...
Wheemer

Was this idea abandoned?

I really need it to also copy over the .txt and .srt files. Seems like this should be not too complicated to implement, no?

Besides that it is working nicely, my external recordings are now imported cleanly.

Thanks

Steve

Edited by Wheemer

Ronstang
On 4/12/2015 at 9:47 AM, FredMuppeteer said:

... Emby tries to download new ones which are sometimes wrong.

Lucky you that they are only sometimes wrong.  I am going to turn off the subtitle download feature in Emby because as of now I have yet to find a useable subtitle file. They are either the wrong FPS, so I have to manually download a correct file, or out of sync thus requiring me to manually sync each file....which I'm not going to do.  I told my girlfriend to learn English.

The issue here is that the Plug-in isn't maintained by the Emby devs themselves. It is a community plugin and therefore some volunteer from the community would probably need to add this feature.

I would also like to see it integrated but unfortunately I haven't got programming knowledge.

Wheemer

Hmm, wow that is just too bad. Seems like a good plugin if it moved all files. I do not have programming knowledge either. It sure would be nice if someone from the Emby team took a look.

The emby team does maintain the plug-in with compatibility updates for new server releases, but as far as adding new features to it, yes that is largely community driven.

43 minutes ago, Wheemer said:

Do we know who maintains this plugin? Can we ping them?

emby team does maintain the plug-in with compatibility updates for new server releases.

On the other hand I tried Filebot (dedicated program to move files) and I wasn't able to get it moving subs as well.

So, for me the plugin currently is as good as Filebot.

1 hour ago, neik said:

emby team does maintain the plug-in with compatibility updates for new server releases.

On the other hand I tried Filebot (dedicated program to move files) and I wasn't able to get it moving subs as well.

So, for me the plugin currently is as good as Filebot.

I have no issue with Filebot including subtitles in the folders it creates.

You may want to try it again.

1 hour ago, cayars said:

I have no issue with Filebot including subtitles in the folders it creates.

You may want to try it again.

Do you get them named properly according to Emby standard? I just got ".srt" and not "eng.srt".

Do you mind sharing your command you're using to achieve that?

@Luke, who the hell changed my post cayars quoted? Stop doing that, that's not cool at all! At least notify people you changed their post...