meatrack

meatrack

I started this thread 11 months ago and was told it was being worked on. Almost a year later and nothing. I wouldn't hold your breath that it'll be natively on your Fire TV soon.

MSattler

- i acquired the .apk from http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/ .  go to the google play store and search for media browser, once at that page copy the url and paste it in the box on the evozi site...... download the apk.

- sideload media browser using adbfire or perhaps something similar.

- go to amazon, search for the media browser app and "purchase" it.  ignore the warning stating that you may not be able to use the app on your device.

- next, start media browser on your fire tv and set it up.

- after done with that, go to the fire tv's settings menu and sync your amazon account.

- deregister and then re register your fire tv.

- media browser should show up in the recents area..... however it didn't for me the first time.  i launched media browser a few more times as well as synced and deregistered/re registered a few more times.  it eventually showed up.... working great.

Is it possible you have a Kindle Fire tablet and that you are using MB3 on there, and that is the reason it shows it?

Tried your steps but it did not work hmmmm

MSattler

Is it possible you have a Kindle Fire tablet and that you are using MB3 on there, and that is the reason it shows it?

Tried your steps but it did not work hmmmm

Just got it to work, if you add additional TV Sticks do your account, you have to go in, buy the app again, then it swhows up!

• 2 weeks later...
swindmiller

Maybe I am missing something but I have this side-loaded on my FireTV Stick and when I first launch the app it does not goto the home screen. It goes to a screen that shows my most recently added titles with a menu bar across the bottom for Movies, TV, Live TV etc.

If I go up to the Settings "cog wheel" I have the 3 horizontal lines "menu" button which allows me to pick Home, Collections, Movies, etc. When I pick Home I would like this screen to be what loads at startup, is this possible?

The reason I prefer this is when I select Movies or TV I have the search option right at the top.

The current startup screen allows me to play eveything fine but I dont see a way to search.

I have the Default Homescreen set but this only seems to change what is shown when I select Home and not at startup.

I know this is still a work-in-progress but figured I would ask if it was possible.

Sorry if this is confusing :)

Also is the current version for this 2.2.10 and available from the Play store? That's where I got it from but just wanted to make sure there is not somewhere else I am supposed to be getting a more updated copy from.

Scott

Edited by swindmiller

CBers

The interface isn't complete and what you see is it so far.

Changing the Home Screen has no effect.

2.2.10 is the latest release.

Edited by CBers

MSattler

Anyone know if the FireTV supports DTS audio (not passthrough of it, actual playing it)?

It does not, it requires decoding.  Unless you user MXPlayer, and apply the codec file that includes DTS support.

MSattler

Maybe I am missing something but I have this side-loaded on my FireTV Stick and when I first launch the app it does not goto the home screen. It goes to a screen that shows my most recently added titles with a menu bar across the bottom for Movies, TV, Live TV etc.

If I go up to the Settings "cog wheel" I have the 3 horizontal lines "menu" button which allows me to pick Home, Collections, Movies, etc. When I pick Home I would like this screen to be what loads at startup, is this possible?

The reason I prefer this is when I select Movies or TV I have the search option right at the top.

The current startup screen allows me to play eveything fine but I dont see a way to search.

I have the Default Homescreen set but this only seems to change what is shown when I select Home and not at startup.

I know this is still a work-in-progress but figured I would ask if it was possible.

Sorry if this is confusing :)

Also is the current version for this 2.2.10 and available from the Play store? That's where I got it from but just wanted to make sure there is not somewhere else I am supposed to be getting a more updated copy from.

Scott

The ability to change what you see in the home screen, and using actual cover art within the libraries is probably about the only real downsides I see to the app.

Here's to hoping =)

dragon2611

I just installed Kodi alongside the MB addon and the Arctic skin and those seem to work together very nicely on the FireTV

MSattler

I just installed Kodi alongside the MB addon and the Arctic skin and those seem to work together very nicely on the FireTV

For large libraries there is still the 10-20 second delay to get all the movies to actually list.  But DirectPlay works like a charm for the TV Sticks!

dragon2611

For large libraries there is still the 10-20 second delay to get all the movies to actually list.  But DirectPlay works like a charm for the TV Sticks!

The Beta addon seemed to keep randomly deciding it cannot talk to the server, Tried the MB3 android client instead which works but I don't think that does 5.1 where Kodi seems to be able to.

CBers

For large libraries there is still the 10-20 second delay to get all the movies to actually list. But DirectPlay works like a charm for the TV Sticks!

Is that Direct Play via Kodi?

Everything via the EMBY app seems to transcode on my Fire TV.

MSattler

Is that Direct Play via Kodi?

Everything via the EMBY app seems to transcode on my Fire TV.

Correct,  Kodi will Direct Play movies on the Fire TV sticks.  Now I have not watched 2 hour long movies via that config......So I'm not 100% sure how it will work.  

Latchmor

So, FireTV stick is hitting the UK and on a Prime account you can pre-order one for £19 for the next 2 days   :huh:

Just in case anyone is interested and is a Prime user (£35 if not)

Cheers

Edited by Latchmor

dragon2611

So, FireTV stick is hitting the UK and on a Prime account you can pre-order one for £19 for the next 2 days   :huh:

Just in case anyone is interested and is a Prime user (£35 if not)

Cheers

I assume they work quite well with MB/Emby?

I know the FireTV does but the stick is less powerful, was thinking of getting a 2nd fireTV for the bedroom TV but given the intro price it makes this a bit of a no brainier if it's going to work ok.

Edit: Pre-ordered for £19 seems worthwhile.

Edited by dragon2611

I assume they work quite well with MB/Emby?

Just to be clear - we don't have a Fire TV app.... yet.

Latchmor

Just to be clear - we don't have a Fire TV app.... yet.

Yeah to be fair I should've said that as I was just pointing out the deal for prime users. I've ordered one too as I've a telly with a spare HDMI port that needs filling lol :-)

MSattler

Yeah to be fair I should've said that as I was just pointing out the deal for prime users. I've ordered one too as I've a telly with a spare HDMI port that needs filling lol :-)

With the Fire TV Stick Install/sideload Kodi, user xmb3c or the sync-db tool which is in Alpha.  Then you can get direct play working, as long as you have good network connectivity.

On the other hand if transcoding is not an issue, sideload the Emby Android Mobile client, and use it.

Both work well on the TV Stick.

dragon2611

With the Fire TV Stick Install/sideload Kodi, user xmb3c or the sync-db tool which is in Alpha.  Then you can get direct play working, as long as you have good network connectivity.

On the other hand if transcoding is not an issue, sideload the Emby Android Mobile client, and use it.

Both work well on the TV Stick.

The Mobile client appeared to be re-muxing rather than actually transcoding on my FireTV as the server is only a J1900 and it was progressing far to quickly for it to be trying to transcoding., then again I'd set the streaming rate to the maximum permitted.

Only problem I had was lack of 5.1 which worked on Kodi but the beta Plugin kept complaining the server had timed out and would often not list the media.

Need to go back and look at it again, thinking of using the mobile app with an external player (Mx player) on my FTV, on the stick when it arrives 2.1 is fine as it's for the other TV which isn't connected to a surround sound system anyway.

dragon2611

Is the only way to get 5.1 to use Kodi?

Trying Kodi with the stable addon as the Beta one kept losing the server.

MSattler

Is the only way to get 5.1 to use Kodi?

Trying Kodi with the stable addon as the Beta one kept losing the server.

Look for EmbySync in the threads.  It's a new Kodi Plugin to replace XBM3C.  Essentially it syncs all of the MB3 database into the native Kodi database.  Works pretty damn well, syncs over resume location, and watched info as well.

wraslor

Look for EmbySync in the threads.  It's a new Kodi Plugin to replace XBM3C.  Essentially it syncs all of the MB3 database into the native Kodi database.  Works pretty damn well, syncs over resume location, and watched info as well.

I'm not seeing this anywhere?  Where do we get it?

Thanks