Australian Classifications

shavid0610

shavid0610

Hi

I did this customisation initially before Media Browser became Emby and I'm not sure if it still held when it became Emby for WMC.

The instructions I followed initially at the top of this post refer to C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server but this location no longer exists.

Is there a different method to have classification icons show in Emby for WMC than there were for Media Browser Classic?

Thanks so much for your help

Happy2Play

Hi

I did this customisation initially before Media Browser became Emby and I'm not sure if it still held when it became Emby for WMC.

The instructions I followed initially at the top of this post refer to C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server but this location no longer exists.

Is there a different method to have classification icons show in Emby for WMC than there were for Media Browser Classic?

Thanks so much for your help

Does C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server?

shavid0610

Does C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server?

Looked there but the only folders are programdata and system.  There is no imagesbyname folder anywhere to put the mediainfo folder into to then put the classification icons into

Happy2Play

Right IBN was replaced by metadata folder at least a year ago.  I believe you just put your mediainfo folder in programdata\metadata.

shavid0610

Hi again

Not sure what has happened but this feature was working yesterday (for most titles anyway) and today there are no icons showing at all on any titles in Emby for WMC.

Some titles have a Text image showing the classification (only PG and G rated ones) but most have none.

I have saved all my icon images to C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\mediaInfo\All

and have the files named in the following fashion

rated_au_g.png

rated_movie_au_g.png

rated_au_m.png

etc

Any help to get the icons back would be appreciated

Thank You

Sharon

shavid0610

Can you discuss a specific example? Thanks.

OK, some of them have reappeared today, some are still missing and some are showing the text icon.

The classifications used to appear on the right hand side of the stars as per capture 3 on every title.  Today I have some blank like capture 1, some with text classifications like capture 2 and some with the correct icons like capture 3.

There doesn't appear to be any difference between old or new media titles, some old ones have the icon, some don't.  Most titles have nothing showing

post-2420-0-14627300-1516048429_thumb.jpg

post-2420-0-12477000-1516048435_thumb.jpg

post-2420-0-65119400-1516048444_thumb.jpg

have you checked the metadata in emby for these titles? i bet it's the same issue as your other thread. you probably have the rating in an xml tag that we're not even looking at.

shavid0610

OK, where does Emby look in the xml doc for the rating.

I have been through this issue before and I know there are 3 locations in the xml doc that hold the rating.  

shavid0610

I tried to load text files of xml data for the 3 movies I used as examples but it won't let me.

The xml for all 3 has the correct rating in 3 separate locations

21 & Over has 

<MPAARating>MA15+</MPAARating>

near the top of the document and 

<ContentRating>MA15+</ContentRating>

<certification>MA15+</certification>
nearer the bottom

17 Again as
<MPAARating>PG</MPAARating>
near the top

<ContentRating>PG</ContentRating>
<certification>PG</certification>
nearer the bottom

Zombieland has
<ContentRating>MA15+</ContentRating>
<MPAARating>MA15+</MPAARating>
near the top 

<certification>MA15+</certification>
nearer the bottom

As Zombieland is the one that is working correctly should the content rating be near the top? But should this matter as long as the information is there?

And why were 90% of the titles showing the icon correctly and today only 10% are and the metadata hasn't changed in that time?

Here is part of the problem. Xml support as a whole is now legacy and the xml plugin you're relying on is community contributed. There might be some questions here that we may not have answers to. I would strongly suggest removing the plugin and switching to our default nfo format that we've been using now for the last several years.

However, if you want to stay with xml, then the important thing to look at is the metadata in the Emby web interface, not your xml files. That will tell you if Emby has imported the value from your xml, or not, and you can always change it using the editor functions in the web interface.

Can I edit an nfo file if the Australian rating doesn't fetch correctly?

Hi. You can always edit the metadata using the Emby metadata manager.