Australian Classifications

shavid0610

shavid0610

Hi

I am using Media Browser 3 Classic, which I use through WMC.  I am using the classic theme also.

I use Media Centre Master to collect all my meta data, which is stored locally.  I have recently changed all of my classiciations to be Australian rather than US based (EG: G, PG, MA15+ etc) and have noted that some of these ratings are not visible in Media Browser.

I assume there are no icons for these ratings (R, PG and M work fine as these must also be US ratings but MA15+, MA don't show up) so is there any way to create icons for these rated movies as the way it is at present I have no idea what rating some of the movies are withough looking at the movie folder itself in Windows Explorer.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank You

Cheesegeezer

Hi

I am using Media Browser 3 Classic, which I use through WMC.  I am using the classic theme also.

I use Media Centre Master to collect all my meta data, which is stored locally.  I have recently changed all of my classiciations to be Australian rather than US based (EG: G, PG, MA15+ etc) and have noted that some of these ratings are not visible in Media Browser.

I assume there are no icons for these ratings (R, PG and M work fine as these must also be US ratings but MA15+, MA don't show up) so is there any way to create icons for these rated movies as the way it is at present I have no idea what rating some of the movies are withough looking at the movie folder itself in Windows Explorer.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank You

In a word or Two, Yes and Yes 

Yes you can use custom icons and yes I'll tell you how.

Firstly in your ImagesByName (IBN) Metadata Folder.

Normally found here C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server (or Emby-Server)

If you navigate into the IBN "Metadata" folder under your server folder you will need to create a new folder called "MediaInfo".  Like this

Screenshot2014-02-04050620.png

In here you can either be specific about using custom images in terms of mediainfo icons and Ratings icons or you can use a blanket method that will cover all.  By this I mean......

Firstly there is a strict naming policy for all icons, which you need to adhere to.

If you want Classic to have a specific set of mediainfo icons then Create a Folder in the MediaInfo Folder called "Classic" and drop in your mediainfo icons including your AU ratings icons in there.  But if you wanted to customise icons to work with a specific theme then you create another Folder inside the MediaInfo Folder called the "Theme Name" e.g. Subdued or Square or Chocolate(you get the idea) and drop in you new icon sets including your AU ratings icons.

But if you just wanted to use the same icons for all themes, then you simply create a "All" folder in your MediaInfo folder and put your icons in there.

Here is a link to an "All" Folder complete with mediainfo icons and GB ratings for you to get started with, at least you will know the naming conventions of all the icons.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/omu5857q0hqp9x5/All.rar

Further more here is a link to all australian ratings icons I have.  You will need to rename them as follows then you can drop them in your desired MediaInfo Theme or All folder and away you go.

For small icons.....      rated_au_[australian rating].png

For Full icons.......      rated_au_[australian rating]_full.png

Hope that helps you out Sir!!

Cheese :D

Edited by ebr
Changed to new folder names
  • Like 1

You can create custom rating images but you shouldn't need to for Australian ratings.  I'm guessing that you don't have the proper names for those ratings for us to recognize them as Austrailian.

They would need to be prefixed with the country code.  So AU-R AU-PG.  Just doing that will probably make it all work as it should.

Our metadata fetchers will do this automatically for you by selecting the proper country in your metadata settings but I'm not sure if MCM will.

• 4 weeks later...
schmitty

I have placed AU ratings images into the //SERVER/IBN/MediaInfo/All directory, and have the metadata country set to Australia and have modified the tv series metadata in MMC to the correct format (AU-M) but MB on Xbox 360 is still showing the US ratings. Is this a bug with MBC, MBS, or a configuration problem?

schmitty

OK, I think I've figured it out. Here is the contents of a tv series xml.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Series>
	<id>75760</id>
	<SeriesName>How I Met Your Mother</SeriesName>
	<Status>Continuing</Status>
	<Network>7</Network>
	<Airs_Time>8:00 PM</Airs_Time>
	<Airs_DayOfWeek>Monday</Airs_DayOfWeek>
	<FirstAired>2005-09-18</FirstAired>
	<ContentRating>AU-M</ContentRating>
	<MPAARating>TV-PG</MPAARating>
	<certification>TV-PG</certification>
	<Added>26/09/2013 19:34:42</Added>
	<LockData>false</LockData>
	<Type>Series</Type>
	<Overview><![CDATA[It all started when Ted's best friend, Marshall, dropped the bombshell that he was going to propose to his longtime girlfriend, Lily, a kindergarten teacher. At that moment, Ted realized that he had better get a move on if he, too, hopes to find true love. Helping him in his quest is his friend Barney, a confirmed bachelor with a foolproof way to meet women.]]></Overview>
	<LocalTitle>How I Met Your Mother</LocalTitle>
	<PremiereDate>2005-09-18</PremiereDate>
	<Rating>8.6</Rating>
	<VoteCount>521</VoteCount>
	<ProductionYear>2005</ProductionYear>
	<RunningTime>30</RunningTime>
	<Runtime>30</Runtime>
	<IMDB_ID>tt0460649</IMDB_ID>
	<IMDB>tt0460649</IMDB>
	<IMDbId>tt0460649</IMDbId>
	<Zap2ItId>EP00753796</Zap2ItId>
	<Genres>
		<Genre>Comedy</Genre>
		<Genre>Drama</Genre>
		<Genre>Romance</Genre>
	</Genres>
	<Studios>
		<Studio>CBS</Studio>
	</Studios>
	<Persons>
		<Person>
			<Name>Josh Radnor</Name>
			<Type>Actor</Type>
			<Role>Ted Mosby</Role>
			<SortOrder>0</SortOrder>
		</Person>
		<Person>
			<Name>Neil Patrick Harris</Name>
			<Type>Actor</Type>
			<Role>Barney Stinson</Role>
			<SortOrder>1</SortOrder>
		</Person>
		<Person>
			<Name>Alyson Hannigan</Name>
			<Type>Actor</Type>
			<Role>Lily Aldrin</Role>
			<SortOrder>1</SortOrder>
		</Person>
		<Person>
			<Name>Jason Segel</Name>
			<Type>Actor</Type>
			<Role>Marshall Eriksen</Role>
			<SortOrder>2</SortOrder>
		</Person>
		<Person>
			<Name>Cobie Smulders</Name>
			<Type>Actor</Type>
			<Role>Robin Scherbatsky</Role>
			<SortOrder>2</SortOrder>
		</Person>
		<Person>
			<Name>Bob Saget</Name>
			<Type>Actor</Type>
			<Role>Narrator</Role>
			<SortOrder>3</SortOrder>
		</Person>
		<Person>
			<Name>Cristin Milioti</Name>
			<Type>Actor</Type>
			<Role>The Mother</Role>
			<SortOrder>3</SortOrder>
		</Person>
	</Persons>
	<SeriesID>33700</SeriesID>
	<WantDownloads>True</WantDownloads>
	<Actors>Josh Radnor|Jason Segel|Cobie Smulders|Neil Patrick Harris|Alyson Hannigan|Bob Saget|Cristin Milioti</Actors>
	<SeriesNameSearch>how i met your mother</SeriesNameSearch>
	<TVRageID></TVRageID>
	<AiredType>Normal</AiredType>
	<DownloadQualityOverride>Use General Settings</DownloadQualityOverride>
	<Downloader_Relaxed>False</Downloader_Relaxed>
	<MCMFetcher></MCMFetcher>
	<Genre>Comedy</Genre>
</Series>

For some reason, there is more than one ratings tag.

Because there are several different metadata programs and they all use different tags.

Use our editor to make the change and it will work.

Yes, three different tags. I know it doesn't make sense but I tried to get all the developers together and settle on one value, but they wanted to keep all three for maximum compatibility.

• 1 year later...
travla

Hi guys,

Looking for some help on this issue. Has something changed in the last 12 months? I am using MB Classic with the chocolate theme.

I have set my country setting in the Server Dashboard under Metadata->Basics->Country to Australia. I have changed the rating in my individual items to AU-[Rating] (e.g. AU-M), but the icons do not show? Reverting back to just the rating (e.g. M) does show the rating icon, but only for those ratings that have matching US ratings letters.

Do I have to add icons in //SERVER/IBN/MediaInfo/All named

rated_au_[australian rating].png

I have found the ratings text file in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\localization, which has the following content:

AU-G,1
AU-PG,5
AU-M,6
AU-MA15+,7
AU-M15+,8
AU-R18+,9
AU-X18+,10
AU-RC,11

But I'm not sure what those values map to in terms of images. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

travla

Edited by travla

Yes, you will need to add icons in the IBN (or metadata) directory depending on how new your server is.

travla

Thanks for the response ebr, I'll try when I get home tonight. What is the rating text file used for, parental control?

As for server, I updated about a week ago to the latest, so do I need to place images in IBN or metadata folder? And is naming as posted above?

Thanks again for your help.

If you only upgraded then you probably still have a separate IBN folder.  If you actually re-installed from scratch then it is probably within your Metadata folder.

travla

Yes, you're right, installed in my IBN folder and it's working well. In the end, I decided against using localised ratings, since >90% of my media has an AU rating. Is there any way of overriding the default MediaInfo icon for the Chocolate theme in MBC? For the titles that still have US ratings, or more to the point, that don't have Australian ratings available, it would be nice to have the Australian equivalent icon show up instead.

For example, a few titles are rated PG-13; I created a file named rated_PG-13.png, in my IBN\MediaInfo\All folder, but it still shows the default icon for this rating.

Thanks for all your help, loving the local ratings.

• 2 months later...
schmitty

I have recently built a new server, and placed the MediaInfo directory into the metadata directory. Is this correct? or is there a new structure I am unaware of?

\\SERVER\Emby\metadata\MediaInfo\All

• 11 months later...
schmitty

Any clarification on this ebr or Luke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have recently built a new server, and placed the MediaInfo directory into the metadata directory. Is this correct? or is there a new structure I am unaware of?

\\SERVER\Emby\metadata\MediaInfo\All

Depends.  Where is your "Metadata Folder" pointing on the server?

Did you re-name the image as I indicated above?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
schmitty

I was just going through my ratings info images, and they are labelled rated_au_m, should it be labelled rated_au_AU-M?

No.  The first one should be correct but this feature is so little used that it hasn't been tested in a long time.

schmitty

That explains it then, the feature is broken. None of the content shows the images, just the text-based rating eg. AU-M

schmitty

Also, I don't know if it makes a difference... but, I'm using Emby Theatre on Xbox One.

That feature has never been supported for anything other than EMC (which is the forum you are in).

schmitty

Oh sorry. I'll post in the correct thread.

• 1 year later...
shavid0610

Hi All

Does this feature still work?

I have just reloaded my HTPC with Windows 7 (gone back from Windows 10 after too many issues with hacked version of WMC) and noted that my ratings icons are not showing up in Emby for WMC.

If I look on the Library through the browner window it shows a text version of the classification ie AU-M but no image.  In Emby for WMC there is no classification at all.

I know I would have to re-save my icon images somewhere if this feature still works but I'm not sure where as the instructions I received at the top of this post no longer apply as the folder structures have changed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank  You

Hi, yes this still works, but it's only for Emby for WMC. Did you customize your rating images in the new installation just like you did in the old installation?