Error opening <media> Would you like to remove from Library

dakaratekid
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

dakaratekid

Howdy.  I'm back with more issues.  I resync my kodi database and answer <yes>, <yes>, <yes> to the subsequent prompts, the sync connects to the server, it even shows new media I just added.  But when I go to play I get Error opening <media> Would you like to remove from Library.

I've looked at the log, but it doesn't say why I am erroring.  Is there a way to turn up the debug level, or otherwise find out why I can't play these media?

Thanks.

kodi.log

• Solution
Angelblue05

You are having permission issues, assuming the paths in your log are correct.

You need to add the network credentials to Kodi, then restart. To do so, go to the emby add-on settings > playback > network credentials. Server will be Zippity, username and pass to access the share. If you are uncertain, you can go to Kodi add-ons > install from zip > Navigate via SMB to the share, enter the credentials if asked at any point.

Let me know.

edit: If you have no idea how to fix it, the server can provide the file to Kodi. You'll have to go to emby add-on settings > sync options > playback mode: add-on. Then you'll need to reset your local database to apply the change. Once your content is resynced to Kodi, make sure under the playback tab, play from HTTP is enabled.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1