Emby is combining two tv shows into one

hstamas
Go to solution Solved by Deathsquirrel,

hstamas

The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead are being combined into one big Fear the Walking Dead series. It contains the first 2 seasons with duplicates and then it can't identify seasons 3-6 and shows just screenshot thumbnails (since Fear only has 2 seasons).

On the server they are in 2 completely separate folders named correctly. I have tried removing one series, rescanning, adding the series back and scanning again but it always combines them

I can't find any way to split them apart.

Help!

blade005

Have you checked what Series ID's are set with each series? I have both in my library without any issues. Below are the Series ID's in Metadata Manager.

FEAR THE WALKING DEAD

External Id's:
IMDb Id:
tt3743822

TheMovieDb Id:

TheTVDB Id:

Zap2It Id:
EP02209982

THE WALKING DEAD
External Id's:
IMDb Id:
tt1520211

TheMovieDb Id:

TheTVDB Id:

Zap2It Id:
SH01324002

Happy2Play

Yep, the only thing that would combine them is having the same metadata.  That is how the series pooling function works.

Edited by Happy2Play

hstamas

I thought to look for that but since Emby is seeing it as one show how would I break them apart using the the ID? Can you plug in the ID into each individual episode so it will start breaking them out?

• Like 1

• Solution
Deathsquirrel

Under those circumstances I would do the following:

1. Remove both shows from the library folder.
  2. Ensure the naming structure for my show folders and episodes was correct.
  3. If you are saving metadata locally, delete any .NFO and .XML files that exist in the show folders.
  4. Run a library scan and then a database cleanup.
  5. Add The Walking Dead and do a library scan.  If necessary, identify the show correctly.
  6. Add Fear the Walking Dead and do a library scan.

Should clean it up.

• Like 1

hstamas

Under those circumstances I would do the following:

• Remove both shows from the library folder.
  • Ensure the naming structure for my show folders and episodes was correct.
  • If you are saving metadata locally, delete any .NFO and .XML files that exist in the show folders.
  • Run a library scan and then a database cleanup.
  • Add The Walking Dead and do a library scan.  If necessary, identify the show correctly.
  • Add Fear the Walking Dead and do a library scan.
Should clean it up.

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately no matter what I do, Emby combines these 2 shows. What ever series is detected first is the one it all gets lumped into.

Under library -> display, if you enable the plain folder view, are they combined using that? also, are they combined when browsing the metadata manager?

hstamas

Yes to both questions @@Luke. But combining Deathsquirrel's suggestion along with renaming Fear the... with a capital "T" for "the" seems to have done the trick.

Edited by hstamas

• 5 years later...
Nestar

Running into this same problem.

Two shows with the same name other than the year, The latter one has the year added in (Brackets) to the end as per the listing on TVDB. Both shows are being merged into the newer one with the year, No option to split them out.

And yes, metadata manager shows them merged, if I look at the seasons and the show, it's all listed as the folder for the newer show, However the episodes are all merged into the same list.

GrimReaper
4 hours ago, Nestar said:

Running into this same problem.

Two shows with the same name other than the year, The latter one has the year added in (Brackets) to the end as per the listing on TVDB. Both shows are being merged into the newer one with the year, No option to split them out.

And yes, metadata manager shows them merged, if I look at the seasons and the show, it's all listed as the folder for the newer show, However the episodes are all merged into the same list.

Rename Series folders to:

Show1 [tvdbid=xxxxx] 

Show2 (yyyy) [tvdbid=xxxxx], 

scan. 

• Thanks 1

Nestar
6 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Rename Series folders to:

Show1 [tvdbid=xxxxx] 

Show2 (yyyy) [tvdbid=xxxxx], 

scan. 

Indeed, that does work. Kinda ugly on the folder side but its very effective. Still would rather a grouping option like movies has if that's ever a possibility.