Emby Server uninstall and re-install location ?

vaise

vaise

I have been using this for years - hence it had old locations for media browser server etc.

I wanted to uninstall it all and re-install.  Got an error with the uninstaller.

Did a download of enby server and re-install anyway.  Did not seem to lose anything it seems - its doing a scan now which I hope will bring back all the media images.  The media browser icon is now an emby server icon (which is good).  

But the install location is still to C:\Users\Williams\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system.  Is this normal or should is be emby something ?  

Note - I tool a backup with the plugin beforehand (it does it every day regardless).

Thanks.

MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Release count: 30
MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Version is 3.0.6400
MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Downloading Emby Server version 3.0.6400
MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Successfully downloaded version 3.0.6400
MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Starting extract package.
MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Creating backup by moving C:\Users\Williams\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system to C:\Users\Williams\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System.old
MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Extract successful.  Will now delete archive C:\Users\Williams\AppData\Local\Temp\cfed0d4f0b0d48a7ae507cb9e0561a50\Mbserver.zip
MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Deleting any old updates as well.
MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Creating shortcuts
MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Creating start menu shortcut C:\Users\Williams\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Emby\Emby Server.lnk
MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Creating dashboard shortcut C:\Users\Williams\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Emby\Emby Server Dashboard.lnk
MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Creating uninstaller shortcut
MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Deleting Pismo install files
MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Attempting to start program C:\Users\Williams\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe 
MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Installation complete

If the MediaBrowser-Server folder still exists then it will install to that, so i would move that in order to fool it, then try again.

vaise

After the re-install, the uninstall this time all worked fine, then I removed all traces of it, now in process of re-installing it.  Fingers crossed before the family come home in 2 hours.  no pressure.

vaise

I reinstalled - to correct install location now.

Installed the server backup plugin, pointed it at my backups, restored all and it restarted emby.

Results :

Just needed a refresh guide on liveTV - that seems to be working from the next PVR plugin.

Notices the library images were not there in the server console.

Noticed that TV Shows and Movies (in fact all libraries except Live TV) are not showing any shows.

Did a clean and rescan.  Still nothing.

I am going to remove a library and re-add it and see what happens.

vaise

removed and re-added my smallest library - 3d Movies.  That works.

This is a pain for the larger ones (4TB of media) so is there a quick way as the plugin restore seems to have missed something ?

Is it also going to lose all the watched flags - as that will also be a really big pain.

Thanks.

Edited by vaise

There are some issues with the backup restore process that i am looking at as we speak. over time the server starts doing things in new ways, but the restore process is restoring a little bit too much and this needs to be corrected.

vaise

Thanks Luke - do I have to remove and re-add all libraries then ?  And will this lose all the watched history ?  If this is the norm, then a warning on that plugin may be needed as it really only copied some setup / user stuff - which I could have re-done in 15 mins or so,

vaise

I have removed and re-added the TV Show library and Movies Library.  They are scanning now.  Initial results shows the 'Next up' seems to be every show in TV shows so far - no metadata yet though.  I am going to be in big trouble when family gets home......  oh dear.  Maybe I will go down the pub!

This isn't really any different by the way. After restoring from the plugin you still need a library scan on the new server which would have gone through the same process. The backup plugin restores settings and user-related data. it does not backup and restore your entire library database, so you would have had to wait through the initial scan either way.

vaise

OK - deleting and re-adding of the libraries is not normal though - still hoping for the watched history on the TV shows once the scan is completed.

The plugin backup also did not keep the users preferences - i.e library display options.

Edited by vaise

vaise

Just a quick update - as the metadata is added, so are the watched statuses.  So I am all off the hook now.