Metadata not populating UI

TolkienBard

TolkienBard

I just moved to a new machine. All (well, most) of the movies and television made the trip to the new server. Inside the various media folders is all the metadata. However, after doing a complete library scan that took the better part of several hours, almost none of the images or entries are properly showing up. In those that the images are not showing up properly, none of the other information (such as actors and thumbs) are populating either.

When I open a movie folder on the hard drive though, all the expected metadata info is there.

post-4053-0-60952200-1472562030_thumb.jpg

server-63608108708.txt

Happy2Play

Well a Library scan has not finished, or that is the wrong log.

TolkienBard

I screwed up and grabbed the wrong log. I forgot about logs switching over at midnight. According to the dashboard and my CPU load though, the library scan was done.

As it is, it seems like nearly every other process I have tried to implement has been experiencing one sort of hiccup or another, so I deleted Emby server, including all traces, and went with a fresh install. This seemed to fix the issue. The library scan took about an hour, instead of the nearly 13 it took yesterday and I am fairly certain the other features are working properly now too, though I am still examining to be sure.

Happy2Play

The biggest thing with starting over is whether you do everything or not.  Me my people folder is to large to start over.  With Emby's setup now that is a folder that can and probably always overlooked and delete with all traces unless custom paths are used.

TolkienBard

The biggest thing with starting over is whether you do everything or not.  Me my people folder is to large to start over.  With Emby's setup now that is a folder that can and probably always overlooked and delete with all traces unless custom paths are used.

That's the  one folder that is going to kill me too I have a feeling. It was massive before, and I forgot about extracting it before I started fresh. It's going to be a PITA to repopulate that folder, but it will happen eventually. I lost some movies when the old machine died, so I will be diving into my backup drives to get those 600 movies fixed. All in all, it will probably take me 3-4 weeks to get everything back to where it was, anyway. I figure by then people should be mostly caught up, except for the new additions.