[Feature Request] Viewing multiple servers

marcb1387

marcb1387

i have read up on this a little and have seen that it is possible with profiles in kodi but i was more curious about completing this all in one profile and just being able to add friends or relatives emby server by their external IP/name to view and stream what they have from within the app? 

Ideally you would be able to add friends servers then be able to have those links show up as a separate link that would show only their media when you go into it. like connecting to their server in the browser.

Just a thought as i dont believe something like this has been implemented. Thanks. 

Angelblue05

It's a planned feature after implementing Emby connect (which will provide the server sharing functionality in a secure way). Stay tuned.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@

Yes it is - it is one of the reason why I wanted to implement Emby Connect in the first place. One server being master, that is synced to the Kodi database. The others are accessible in the same way our previous add-on was, with the plugin listing. It would be easy to achieve something like this using Emby Connect. This way, we don't have to deal with duplicates content in database. The other servers would just become convenient "links" to play their content within Kodi.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 2

Angelblue05

Lol! Well hopefully it won't be an issue because that's how the add-on works. It integrates one server into the Kodi database for easy maintenance, everyone knows this by now.

All we would be adding is a bonus. With plugin listing, you can easily add extra servers to your home menu. I really think it has interesting application and of course, we will add proper explanation to make sure it's clear to everyone, why this approach is needed.