Chapter image extraction task fails on DirectoryNotFoundException

pju
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hi

I have a persistent problem with the chapter image extraction task which fails every time after running a few seconds.

And as far as I can see, no chapter image extraction have been done for a while.

I get a red notification on the issue.

As can be seen in the attached logfile a "System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException" is caught with the message:

"En del af stien '\\nas-01\Videoer\Film\Action\--- James Bond\On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969) [No-CrashPlan-Backup]' blev ikke fundet."

which translates into:

"Could not find a part of the path '\\nas-01\Videoer\Film\Action\--- James Bond\On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969) [No-CrashPlan-Backup]'."

server-63607540517.txt

This message is correct - no such directory exists. It once did, but was renamed to:

"\\nas-01\Videoer\Film\Action\--- James Bond\On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)"

So

1) Where does this dead reference come from? (The movie is part of a collection.)

2) Why does the extraction stop totally in stead of just continuing.

Hi,

I don't know - the error message is always about this particular movie.

And I never (as I judge it) see chapter extraction for any new movie. Which matches the 2 seconds runtime - not much can be done in that timeframe ;-)

Dug a bit more - seems the problem came at the same time as an update - jpg attached.

Cannot find any extraction errors before that.

And the rename of the directory is way older.

Suppose you have an idea about which update we're talking about.

I'm often way behind because I seldom have problems needing a fix.

post-151602-0-46209900-1472544998_thumb.jpg

I have added two brand new movies today - and have just tried to run the chapter extraction task - with the usual result.

Log file attachedserver-63608630400.txt.

Emby simply never gets past the movie with System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException.

I have added lots of movies since this problem occurred - none have got chapters extracted.

• 1 month later...

Hi Luke,

Just upgraded the server - and the problem is gone :)

- the message about the non-existing file has disappeared,

- there is a few files where extraction fails (OK) and the extraction process continues on for the rest.

So case solved, thx a lot !