New TV Content marked as watched

pgriffith

pgriffith

Hi all

I use Sonarr with Emby. I don't have Sonarr do anything other than rename and move new episodes to Embys library folders, I let Emby do all the metadata fetching.

The TV show "The Last Ship" does something weird though, as soon as a new episode is added it is marked as watched immediately, thus not appearing in my Unwatched view which is how I view new content.

This is the only show this happens with, anyone have any ideas why ?

Cheers all

A while back, there was a problem where, if you manually marked a whole series or season as "watched" it marked even future episodes and this information is retained indefinitely.  Is it possible this may be what happened?

• Like 1

Yea i'm guessing that's probably it. In other words, it won't happen with new series, but the data may already be saved for series you've had since then. Luckily the mulit-select tool comes in very handy to change them back quickly.

pgriffith

So to fix it, do I mark the whole series as unwatched, then change all the episodes individually to watched ?

And thanks for the replies guys, awesome.

Edited by pgriffith

Happy2Play

So to fix it, do I mark the whole series as unwatched, then change all the episodes individually to watched ?

That is the easiest way.

Give that a try but, if we fixed this bug properly, it shouldn't work because we should leave the status of any un-aired episodes alone.

You may just have to mark them properly as they come in...

pgriffith

Tried what I said above, new episode came in yesterday and it was still marked as watched immediately.

Is there anything else I can do to fix this ?

Cheers

Happy2Play

With display un-aired episodes enabled, does the whole season appear as watched?