Pause / Play button triggers media outside of Emby App

matf

Hi,

If I launch the emby Android TV app on SATV, and then press Pause/Play button, rather than firing the selected video, randomly the Google Music app will 'capture' the event and start playing the last track I was playing in that app. This is an intermittent thing so difficult to track, but really annoying! Usually it will happen if I have yet to play any media within Emby, but sometimes it will happen when I press pause in a show I'm currently watching.

This happens with a couple of remotes - I use an Amazon Fire TV remote via Bluetooth (with a combined play/pause button), and my amplifier remote via CEC (with separate play and pause buttons).

Any ideas?

Cheers

M

I think this is a problem in the Google Music app in certain situations as I'm pretty sure we are following the spec for when we should (and shouldn't) be in control of these operations.

i'm not sure if you guys can even do anything about it but i have this same thing happen a lot. if i restart the nexus player and don't use google music it doesn't happen, but as soon as i use google music and then use emby, doesn't matter how long after playing music, the play/pause button will start playing music in google music. restarting the nexus player gets it back where that doesn't happen until the next time i use google music.

i'm not sure if you guys can even do anything about it but i have this same thing happen a lot. if i restart the nexus player and don't use google music it doesn't happen, but as soon as i use google music and then use emby, doesn't matter how long after playing music, the play/pause button will start playing music in google music. restarting the nexus player gets it back where that doesn't happen until the next time i use google music.

Even if video is actually playing in Emby at the time?

Even if video is actually playing in Emby at the time?

yep, so this would be steps to recreate. listen to music on google music, stop music listening and back out to the main menu, then go into emby and start playing any type of video, while the video is playing hit the play/pause button, the video will pause and the music from google music will start playing. now that i think about it i haven't tried hitting play/pause again to see if music stops and the video resumes. i usually switch over to music to stop it and then back to emby to resume playing the video.

yep, so this would be steps to recreate. listen to music on google music, stop music listening and back out to the main menu, then go into emby and start playing any type of video, while the video is playing hit the play/pause button, the video will pause and the music from google music will start playing. now that i think about it i haven't tried hitting play/pause again to see if music stops and the video resumes. i usually switch over to music to stop it and then back to emby to resume playing the video.

Thanks for that explanation because I think that is probably by design as far as the Google Music app is concerned.  As soon as we pause, it is probably resuming where it left off.