??'s about different programs

x88dually

x88dually

I'm new to all this.

installed kodi on win7 and playon so far

Researching other software, this,mediaportal an win s/mc.

If i go with emby, which is looking like i will, do i need win s/mc, kodi or mediaportal ?? Also can i run this software w/o tuners for now ??

i really dont want to start installing/uninstalling different programs and twisting my pc.

Hi, welcome. If you go with Emby, you don't need any other software, and yes you can run without tuners.

Does that help answer your questions or is there anything else we can help with? Thanks!

x88dually

You gave me a perfect answer.

What i like about emby, is its everywhere. 2013 Sam smart tv, 2014 Sam smart tv, amazon fire tv. My 2 amazon's make my 2 dumb tvs smart with dg upnp player, it gets me into my network.

So i dont need to go with kodi also ? kodi doesnt seem to scrapping with network shares, is emby the same way ? Does it have to have local shares ?

AdrianW

No need for Kodi - I think the only people using Kodi with Embu are those that like the Kodi interface.

Just stick with Emby - that's all you need. 

Emby works with local or network shares - but, I would have thought that Kodi would as well.

Vidman

Kodi (openelec/libreelec) is currently the only option for non-windows HTPCs , and one of the most feature rich clients also

Edited by Vidman

x88dually

i may not have waited long enuff running kodi thru network shares ?

is emby the same type of interface more or less ?

my wife likes the description and fanart crap. i was happy with win media an universal media server

Edited by x88dually