Live TV (and recordings) stopped working over night

portlandgamer
Go to solution Solved by portlandgamer,

portlandgamer

Greetings! 

I set up an emby server on a 2012 Mac Mini that I am trying to convert to an HTPC. I am using an HDHR Prime as my tuner. I was able to get live TV working without too much difficulty. I watched until I went to bed last night (about 4 hours of uninterrupted streaming from my server to a gen 2 Chromecast). I also successfully recorded two shows that aired last night around 11pm. When I woke up this morning, the Live TV appeared as a black screen with no audio on my Chromecast. Thinking it might be an issue with the stream, I logged into the server and tested Live TV from a local browser but the result was the same (black screen, no audio).

In order to do a little further troubleshooting, I scheduled four recordings over a two hour period this morning. All four recording appear in the recordings section, however, they are all one second long and end with an error message stating that "Video Error: There was an error playing the video." Checking the recordings folder, it appears that the files are only about 50-80mb each (clearly not big enough for a full show).   

I've tried restarting all of the attached equipment, but to no avail. At this point I'm stuck. I would greatly appreciate any help you could offer. I'm not sure what logs you would find useful, but I have attached the most recent server log.

Thank you!!!

• Solution
portlandgamer

Thanks so much for the reply Luke. I removed the log last night because I identified the cause of the issue. My tuner was not reporting properly that my cable card was deauthorized by my service provider (a mistake on their end). I called and got the card reauthorized and the service started right back up. 

• Like 1