Emby and Kodi 17 Beta

hovedmannen

im85288

The version from the beta repo should be working fine. If not post about here and someone will take a look.

hovedmannen

I have another problem now... music library shows the albums, but when i enter no songs are present... anybody experienced the same?

xnappo

Oh - did you let Kodi upgrade your DB? 

The deal is that they added a new 'Artist Role' entry to the database.  If that doesn't exist then songs don't show up. 

The code to add it is definitely there - but you likely need to reset your DB.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

@@xnappo

Kodi 17 is not supported officially. I'm all for letting the user find why it's not working otherwise, don't use Kodi 17...? Anyway. Up to you but could use help on things on the actual trello board, rather than fix something that will likely break again when RC is released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 2

xnappo

Yes, agreed - not supported.  However since I fixed it I will look at it since it will need to be done at some point.

• Like 1

hoppel118

Yes it's 107 and that is what is in version 2.2.19

This seems not to be true.

I also have the issue that I see the albums but not the songs.

I did the following yesterday:

- downloaded and installed kodi 17beta1

- downloaded the "emby for kodi beta 1.0.5 repository"

- changed the db from 106 to 107 in "plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/utils.py"

- synced the db

I know it's beta and only want to report this behavior. I don't have the skills to find the problem. I will check again some day. Installed the kodi beta on a machine for testing purposes. My productive machines remain on jarvis until kodi 17 gets an rc.

Greetings Hoppel

im85288

Should be fairly safe as they "usually" do not change the database once they reach beta stage

xnappo

There is no Kodi beta support - there will be RC1 support.

Whether our preparation for RC1 temporarily makes betas work is irrelevant - if you use Emby for Kodi, don't use Kodi betas.

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

shorty1483

xnappo is right, every user who uses Kodi betas is responsible by himself for eventual bugs. If you don't even know where to look when errors occur, stay with Jarvis stable.

But I want to use this thread to break a lance for Krypton and to show my satisfaction when Emby will support Kodi RC after release. Specially on my Android device, Krypton is so much faster than Jarvis, damn, it's blazin' fast!

On point: I'm happy that you Emby Kodi Devs are working on this Addon and future updates when it's time. 

Edited by shorty1483