Incremental Sync

justpig
Go to solution Solved by justpig,

Angelblue05

Not at this time. Are you receiving a lot of updates? You can always increase the minimum number of updates to display the dialog in the add-on settings. Other than the dialog, everything is done in the background, which should not interfered with video playback.

justpig

I am using the addon with a kodi installation on a Wetek hub. Whenever the addon updates the database or compresses the database, the audio stops working.

Angelblue05

Could you please provide more informations about your setup? Also, can you grab your Kodi log, when this issue happens? Thanks.

Edited by Angelblue05

justpig

I am using a Wetek hub, using the Wetek media player which is based on Kodi because Kodi does not support HD audio passthrough on the Wetek box. I am accessing the videos from a Windows 10 PC with Emby server installed. The box is connected to a Denon AVR.

Here are 2 logs that I collected.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/52yi9mv8f6k86p5/mediaplayer.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oww3sashhfo2yqt/mediaplayer.old.log?dl=0

Angelblue05

First off, for the compressing database - you should not see this if you enable the Kodi settings > Video > Hide library updates.

Second, could you try switching to native playback mode, to see if it helps? You will need to do a reset of your local database to apply the change.

In your log, there's no "real" incremental sync happening. Here is what I see, you started playing a movie, then it quickly updated the playstate in your Kodi database but that was it within the first 3 seconds of playback. The add-on was not doing any incremental sync afterwards, while playback was happening.

Edited by Angelblue05