New install by a long time user, few questions

Lid

Hi everyone,

I have been a long time user of MB/Emby and until recently had been using Emby for WMC, upgraded from a MB2 and then MB3 install, and using MCM for all of my metadata. This week as I had built myself a new HTPC and server with brand new clean OS installations I have been re-configuring everything. I have taken the plunge to move away from my previous setup type, pay for Emby Premiere and start using Emby Theater.

At the moment I am just messing around with a small selection of my media to try and get things looking right before I add everything. I am using Emby for all metadata scarping and I am storing it with my media, but I have encountered a few problems listed below. I have looked around the forums and googled a lot of this but not found much at the moment, sorry if it has already been covered.

1. The main thing annoying me is that the genres categories don't seem to be automatically populated. I'm not sure if this is meant to be the case. For example when I first open Movies > Genres in either ET or the web browser it is blank. If I check my movies and TV shows the meta data for their genres has been grabbed. But at the moment the only way I can make the genre category show up is by finding a movie in the web browser, clicking the name of the genre (e.g. Comedy) then adding an image to it. It will be time consuming to do that for every genre and I also might miss some. Is there a way to get it to show all genres of my media with a generic image so I can then just go through adding custom images to each one.

2. Is it possible to add extra headings to ET home scree which aren't folders to match the web browser. For example in the web browser there is a Studios heading but this isn't available in ET.

3. How do you change the icons in ET. For example I have added a custom image for Collections which works in the web browser, but collections in ET is still the default blueish square with a folder icon.

4. Is it possible to control the backgrounds in ET? Firstly on the home screen is it possible to have the background change through movie/tv backgrounds depending on which heading is highlighted. Secondly when scrolling through my movies collection and a movie is highlighted is it possible to show that background like it does once the movie has been selected and the details are showing.

5. I am using the Cover Art 4.0 plugin which is working but under collections in ET the box with discs are very squashed compared with the movie images in the normal movies section. I haven't tried manually downloading a different collections set yet but would ideally like this to be automated but don't want the squashed look.

6. Also with Cover Art 4.0 plugin boxsets the preview image in the configuration shows the Alien box with alien discs sticking out of the side. My boxart only has blank looking discs sticking out of the side. Is this an extra feature I need to enable or is this something that needs to be done manually? In Emby Theatre > Metadata > Services I have the Movie image settings configured to download disc but I'm not sure if this is related or not.

There are a few other things I would like to resolve but I think that's enough of a list to start off with.

Sorry for the essay but I though it was better than 6 different topics started.

I would appreciate any help provided. I am a techy but just need some direction to get me started I think.

Thank you

Liam

Actually, different topics are the way to go so they can each be addressed and it appears most of your questions have to do with ET and are probably just things that will come in time.

As for your last question about CA - you need to actually have disc images for the movies involved in order to get them used in the treatment.  I'm guessing the ones you looked at didn't (at least not when the image was created).

Sorry for chucking everything in the one post. I will split things up next time.

Thank you for the responses.

I Updated to the latest server version and the Genre thing is fixed as you said Luke. That was the main issue so that's great.

EBR - I guessed I would need the disc images for the collections but wasn't sure if the Emby scraper was meant to be automatically downloading them if I had the discs option ticked under images for metadata. I was looking to download the DemonSeed Boxset images instead but at the moment the links seem to be down.

Happy2Play

You need to ensure the image options are all enabled for each content type, some are disabled by default.

Metadata-Services-Customize for media type:(drop-down list)  Scroll down and expand Image Settings