Samsung DLNA Custom Profile

SSJ4Gokou

SSJ4Gokou

Hello,

I am having an issue since the last 2 server updates. I have created custom profiles for my Samsung TV and was able to get all of my media files to direct play. since the last two updates emby no longer uses my custom profile and continues to use the default which will not play all of my video files. I have deleted / restarted / rebuilt my custom profile and no matter what emby continues to use the default built in profile. 

Is there something that i am doing wrong? I had it working a few builds back just fine.

Hi, the issue of your custom profile not being used has been resolved for the next release of Emby Server. Thanks.

Then you need to look at the detection criteria in your profile, but custom profiles in general are working just fine in 3.0.6070. Thanks.

anderbytes

Updated to 3.0.6070.0 and still my custom profile is not pushing through. Keeps going to the default profile.

Here they are working. Can you tell me what exactly you did to the custom profile?

From what I know... http headers are the best way of pinpoint detection.

If you could post a server log and the http header in the "identification" section... that'd be great ;)

Edited by anderbytes

anderbytes

Attached is me server log and custom profile.

From what I could see... the info you used as search filter in custom profile (SEC_) doesn't exist in any device's user agent string.

Try removing all Identification conditions in your profile and leave only the http header called "User-Agent", and for value use equals UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50 Platinum/1.0.4.2

Edited by anderbytes

anderbytes

Ok, so i see in the logs now that it is using the custom profile, but i still cannot get it to play some media files. Attached is another server log file and updated custom profile.

Just for information, next time you don't know if custom is being used or not... try naming a Friendly Name in Server identification.

About the media files... I'm not expert in this part, so I won't guess here.

anderbytes

why not just use the built in profile?

In my case... I use one profile for every device I own.

Mostly for user control. Example: my kid's TV DLNA only has access to libraries that his user is allowed

anderbytes

If I could manage permissions for each device... I wouldn't need custom profile for that

why not just use the built in profile?

The default profile doesn't have support for subtitles such as ASS/SSA and the newer H265, HEVC codecs. Can the default profile incorporate this for both Samsung & LG ?

Happy2Play

The default profile doesn't have support for subtitles such as ASS/SSA and the newer H265, HEVC codecs. Can the default profile incorporate this for both Samsung & LG ?

But if that happens the profile won't work on Samsung TVs that don't support those formats or would create other issues.  :D

But if that happens the profile won't work on Samsung TVs that don't support those formats or would create other issues.  :D

Haha, i get you. 

How about a FAQ or instructions (along with the correct syntax n name of codec to use) for the community to add this to their profile, for those who owns TV that can support it. 

Happy2Play

Haha, i get you. 

How about a FAQ or instructions (along with the correct syntax n name of codec to use) for the community to add this to their profile, for those who owns TV that can support it. 

Easiest way it just to look at other profiles, but for hevc open the default profile click direct play-then click container: MKV and add hevc to video codec.  As for Subtitle I don't use them so it will be trial and error selecting the correct options, but looking at how they are already configured should give you some insight on proper settings.

Once you have modified the default profile and hit save, click profile and open the custom profile and rename the profile to something different so you can see in the logs that the custom profiles is being used.

• 2 months later...
isamudysan

quite frustrating when this isn't working at all....i have 2 profiles and 2 libraries:  profile 1 for library 1; and profile 2 for library 2.  i've googled a ton about this subject and there seems to be no proper answer.  what i do noticed is that my tv will take on the first profile listed alphabetically. which is odd.  for tv 2, my identifier info is basically just the Http Headers of which i have 2 since i created a new HHP:

original:  User-Agent: SEC_ wit Substring

newly added:  UserAgent: DLNADOC/1.50 SEC_HHP_[TV] My TV/1.0 UPnP/1.0 with Equals

i have also attempted what this member attempted to do, which he succeeded, in his thread:  https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/25090-dlna-profile-order/

any other ideas would be greatly appreciate  :D

isamudysan

Try removing your custom profile and just using the default, which should cover most Samsung's

thanks luke, and i understand that it does work.  however, as i stated in my post, i have 2 libraries: library 1 for kids, and library 2 for adults.  do i not need to different custom profiles, here?  i don't want the other samsung tv (in the living room/family room) to be able "see" library 2.

thanks.

Ok I see what you mean. yes right now it would require profiles. This is an area where there is opportunity to improve in the future, where if the devices are already detected, you could just click on one and configure library settings for it.

• Like 1

isamudysan

Ok I see what you mean. yes right now it would require profiles. This is an area where there is opportunity to improve in the future, where if the devices are already detected, you could just click on one and configure library settings for it.

now THIS is something to look forward to  :D

Happy2Play

thanks luke, and i understand that it does work.  however, as i stated in my post, i have 2 libraries: library 1 for kids, and library 2 for adults.  do i not need to different custom profiles, here?  i don't want the other samsung tv (in the living room/family room) to be able "see" library 2.

thanks.

So you have 2 tvs correct?  Duplicate the custom profile and something unique for the tv  Do they have different Friendly names?  You should be able to fill in other Identification info to target each TV, then set the profile to specific user.

isamudysan

So you have 2 tvs correct?  Duplicate the custom profile and something unique for the tv  Do they have different Friendly names?  You should be able to fill in other Identification info to target each TV, then set the profile to specific user.

thanks happy2play for chiming in.  duplicated the custom profile, i did, and also gave them friendly names, e.g., Living Room TV and My TV.  i also have filled in other ID as well like the S/N for each TV, model number of each TV, and have set the specific user to their respect TVs.  if have 2 custom profiles with different profile names, let's say Living Room and My Room.  dlna from both TV will pick up the first profile alphanumerically -- Living Room.  if i were to put a 1 in front of My TV, thus 1 My TV, then, again, both TV will pick up that profile the libraries associated with that profile.  this is the issue that i'm running into.  further insights is greatly appreciated.

thanks.