Unable to play Live TV with Emby for Fire TV and Android TV

Jay3ird

Jay3ird

Emby Server Version 3.0.6060.0

ServerWMC 1.0.0.60, build: 1232

Silicondust HDHomeRun Dual Tuner ATSC (Older HDHR-US Dual Tuner non-DLNA)

I am unable to play Live TV with Emby for Fire TV and Android TV. For some reason the app is requesting 2 streams through the Emby Server. Then I just get a spinning wait circle on the Fire and Android TV.

I am able to use the Android phone app and any web browser to stream live tv.

57ab6afe190a7_Screenshot_201608082200456

Edited by JCurcillo

Jay3ird

Hi, welcome. Can you describe the issue in more detail? Do you see an error on screen?

No errors. Just the rotating circle for every.

i see this issue as well and so does my parents setup. both are hdhomerun tuners with servermwc. you go to watch live tv on android TV and you just get a spinning circle forever. when i go check emby and serverwmc it will show one or more of the tuners in use when really nothing should be using the tuners since nothing else is watching tv and nothing is recording at the time. i have to click the "reset" option in serverwmc to reset the tuner and then restart emby and then live tv starts working again.

Jay3ird

i see this issue as well and so does my parents setup. both are hdhomerun tuners with servermwc. you go to watch live tv on android TV and you just get a spinning circle forever. when i go check emby and serverwmc it will show one or more of the tuners in use when really nothing should be using the tuners since nothing else is watching tv and nothing is recording at the time. i have to click the "reset" option in serverwmc to reset the tuner and then restart emby and then live tv starts working again.

When you say "live tv starts working again" do you mean that it works in Emby for Fire TV or works on other platforms?

When you say "live tv starts working again" do you mean that it works in Emby for Fire TV or works on other platforms?

i don't have a fire tv, just a nexus player, but no matter what platform if one or more of the tuners is listed as streaming something when really nothing is streaming live TV won't work until i go in and click the "Reset" option next to the tuner thats stuck in swerverwmc and then restart emby and then live tv starts working everywhere.

lcasadonte

I think this is related to the not releasing a tuner issue.  I continue to experience the same issue and add ffmpeg is misbehaving as well (multiple copies high cpu).  Switched to the beta build that solved the problem for some but so far it hasn't for me.  It seemed ffmpeg behaved a little better but the tuner still didn't release in serverwmc.

• 2 weeks later...
Jay3ird

I have installed the latest beta client. 1.2.31g. I can get live TV to work but only if I don't direct stream and force transcoding. That doesn't cut it for the higher bit rate hdota channels. To high CPU use. Otherwise, with direct stream enabled, I just get a continuous processing circle. Also, now I can't do bitstream Dolby audio for any source.

Running 3.0.6070.0 server

I have installed the latest beta client. 1.2.31g. I can get live TV to work but only if I don't direct stream and force transcoding. That doesn't cut it for the higher bit rate hdota channels. To high CPU use. Otherwise, with direct stream enabled, I just get a continuous processing circle. Also, now I can't do bitstream Dolby audio for any source.

Running 3.0.6070.0 server

.31 is the latest release.  Beta is at .37 as of tonight.  But, the problem you were originally talking about (the tuner not being released) was fixed in .31.

However, now you are describing something different.  Are you on a Fire TV Stick?

Jay3ird

Yes .31 did fix the issue with the tuner not being released. I don't think the failure to direct stream is a new issue. It would do the same thing before, but not release the tuner after stopping. Could there be a compatibility issue with the old HDHomeRun HDHR-US?

The other issue it has now introduced the is the Dolby bitstream issue. Should I create another post for that one?

.31 is the latest release.  Beta is at .37 as of tonight.  But, the problem you were originally talking about (the tuner not being released) was fixed in .31.

However, now you are describing something different.  Are you on a Fire TV Stick?

i just had this issue happen (tuners not being released) on the 23rd, i'm always on the latest beta but don't know what version it was on at the time it happened (not sure how long .31 has been out). If I do see this happen again what should i send to you so you can look into it? We don't watch live TV a ton so sometimes i don't know a tuner is hung until the next day, or longer, when we go to watch TV and can't and then i look into it and find that a tuner is hung up.

i just had this issue happen (tuners not being released) on the 23rd, i'm always on the latest beta but don't know what version it was on at the time it happened (not sure how long .31 has been out). If I do see this happen again what should i send to you so you can look into it? We don't watch live TV a ton so sometimes i don't know a tuner is hung until the next day, or longer, when we go to watch TV and can't and then i look into it and find that a tuner is hung up.

This was probably some other issue then.