Video stops after a second or two and returns to the Guide

Dave54911

Dave54911

I purchased the Firetv App. Use it primarily for Live TV. Everything worked fine until I had to reset the FTV. I downloaded and installed the app again. I have full guide access, but stations run only a second or two and then it returns to the guide.

Get ths same behavior trying to play recordings as well. The android app on my phone works, so i am assuming it is not a problem with the server or network. Everything else on the FTV works fine, including the HDHomeRun View app (which sucks IMO) so it is not the HR.

I tried unistalling and reinstalling he app, and restarted the FTV several times - no change.

Would appreciate any help!

Thanks

Hi there, welcome. The first thing I would do is ensure you're running the latest versions of both the app and Emby Server. Then if you can provide the info requested in how to report a media playback issue, we'll do our very best to help you. Thanks!

Dave54911

Hi there, welcome. The first thing I would do is ensure you're running the latest versions of both the app and Emby Server. Then if you can provide the info requested in how to report a media playback issue, we'll do our very best to help you. Thanks!

Checked my server and there was an update waiting. Ran it and it partly corrected my problem - it no longer stops after a second or two. Now it takes a long time to connect and freezes, stutters, etc. (network connection and speeds are fine) I am going to reinstall the server software this weekend and see if that helps. If not I will follow up with the report.

Thanks

That might not be necessary. It might just be doing something and that is causing a little slowdown.

Kramerika

I have been having a similar issue the past week with both my Amazon Fire TV and Nvidia Shield TV, but it's more random.  It will crash back to the guide after seconds or minutes at times but then play for hours as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Fratopolis

just started happening to me as well. only thing i changed was enabling photo upload on the server for my phones pictures. hmm ill try tunring that off and see what happens. roku, nexus 7 2013, galaxy s6 active work but nexus player is doing exactly as described.

Fratopolis

well ill try after my show is over lol. casting from phone to nexus player.

not trying to be that guy here but do most people do lifetime subscriptions instead of monthly. seems like a flipping good product and kinda scares me about the lifetime thing. hopefully you keep making money to keep this project going.

Fratopolis

ok so all videos prior to today will not load. and all i add today from recording will. SOB looks like im gonna load a backup of the server from last week. i love cobian backup haha

Fratopolis

lol nope went back to last week minor revisio. to .60 from .70

hmm wonder when the android tv x86 client updated

Fratopolis

well i did go back to 3.0.6060 but after it didnt work, even after a full tv show reimport, and meta info and artwork clear, i decided to update back to 6070

Fratopolis

found it. i have been part of the beta tester and completely forgot. should have submit it as a bug lol. the Emby for android tv app on all of my devices has this same issue. But once I installed the stable version all was good.

Edited by Fratopolis