after new install and server config restore, metadata mostly not visible

lifespeed

lifespeed

I assembled a new PC, but kept the same RAID storage array.  I restored emby server config using the backup plugin.  It seems to work OK, but much of the metadata doesn't show.  It works OK otherwise,  All the same metadata is still present in the library that was there before the windows 10 64-bit computer replaced the older windows 7 machine.

I looked thorugh the emby server config and nothing I can see is amiss.  The restore brought back the users, libraries, path substitution, etc.  The missing metadata really seems to mess with the iOS client, it doesn't display the media without missing metadata at all.  The PC clients will show as below.

Thanks,

Lifespeed

579d775bb5bbe_emby_theater_metadata_scre

server-63605507570.txt

Edited by lifespeed

have you tried just refreshing some of the affected titles? do you have local metadata in the media folders or were you relying just on metadata within the emby database?

lifespeed

have you tried just refreshing some of the affected titles? do you have local metadata in the media folders or were you relying just on metadata within the emby database?

The metadata is in the media folders. I'm not sure how to refresh it, I thought it did that continuously on its own.

Edit: I refreshed one title, it seemed to work.  How do I refresh the whole library?  I have metadata in Emby server turned off, I collected the metadata using Media Center Master.  It is all there and valid, just not sure how to get Emby server to read it all in without clicking every title . . .

Edited by lifespeed

Well look at one of those examples that is missing metadata. what is inside it's media folder?

lifespeed

OK, manually started the scheduled task to scan the library.  It is set to run every 12 hours, I must have rebooted the computer during setup tasks and stopped the library refresh.  I'll post if that brings in the metadata from the media folders.

Happy2Play

Looks to me like you need to let a library scan finish.  The Library.db has to rebuild itself, it is not restored by the plugin.

lifespeed

It started a library scan when I restored the server, but I must have interrupted it.  Was doing the new computer setup thing and tripped up Emby I guess.  Thanks!