Emby for Kodi Sync Queue not deleting a title in Kodi

jeffshead
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

jeffshead

Maybe my settings are not correct but a movie was not removed from Kodi.

I just re-identified a movie (in Emby) because it was not correctly scraped. Once I changed the IMDB Id, the correct info and images were quickly replaced and updated in Kodi, almost immediately. However, the original, incorrect movie title was not removed from Kodi. So now I have the correct movie title and the old, non-existent movie title, in Kodi.

I have Kodi 16.1 on an Android TV device and Emby 3.0.6020.0 and Sync Queue 1.0.6020.14567 installed on Windows 2012 R2.

I'm new to Emby and Kodi. Please tell me where to start with troubleshooting.

Angelblue05

Do you still have the Kodi log from that time? If so, can you post it thanks.

Try running a manual sync by launching emby for kodi > manual sync. Let me know if it helped remove the irrelevant entry...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

jeffshead

Do you still have the Kodi log from that time? If so, can you post it thanks.

Try running a manual sync by launching emby for kodi > manual sync. Let me know if it helped remove the irrelevant entry...

Running the manual sync did not help. I reset the entire DB in Kodi. That fixed it. I ran across another movie that was scraped incorrectly. I re-identified it and everything worked just fine this time.

I'm not sure why some of the movies are not scraping properly. I carefully used FileBot to rename everything. I made sure FileBot was able to find every movie.

Does Emby use different scrapers than FileBot? Also, many movies have different dates when I compare them on IMDB and TheMovieDataBase. When naming movie folders, should I use the dates from IMDB or The Movie DB?

Angelblue05

Odd, but glad it worked fine this time. If you see it happen again, provide your Kodi log and we'll check it out. Thanks :)

Check the wiki here for naming: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Library%20setup

For the metadata providers, you can set your preferences in your emby dashboard > metadata > services.

If you have more questions about server settings, I'd suggest posting here, you'll get way more help: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/53-windowsgeneral/

• 5 weeks later...
rav3ndk

I just want to second the reported issue here. I am also running Kodi 16.1 on an Android device. This behaviour started happening sometime after Emby Server 3.0.6000. I am also using the Kodi Sync Queue add-on, but I don't really know if this issue originated from Sync Queue or Kodi Emby Add-On.

But the problem still exists and can easily be reproduced. Place a movie in a library/folder and scan your library, and the movie is added to library and sync'ed to Kodi just fine. Now try to either delete this movie or move it into another library/folder and re-scan library. If you move it (for example into a collection) it is added just fine to new location, but it is not deleted from original location. When looking in Emby Metadata Manager the movie is gone - so the problem must be on either Kodi Sync Queue Plugin or Kodi Emby Add-On.

Angelblue05

What version of the fast sync plugin are you running? Logs?

Edited by Angelblue05

rav3ndk

I just wanted to let you guys know there's still a issue as mentioned, but I will gladly assist if we can solve this issue  :)

I am running:

Emby Server 3.0.6300 on QNAP (I have seen that 6400 is release and planning to install soon)

Emby.Kodi Sync Queue 1.2.6079.42505

Emby.Kodi 2.2.19

Kodi 16.1 on Android

What logs do you want exactly? Then I can try to force the issue as I don't remember exactly when this happened the last time for me. I have no idea on how to extract logs on the Android though.

Like I also mentioned, I have no clue whether the issue is with Emby.Kodi Add-On or Emby.Kodi Sync Queue Plugin.

Angelblue05

To find if it's an issue with the add-on, delete something from your emby library while Kodi is running. If it works, then it's not an add-on problem. If you delete while Kodi is not running, and you start it and it still doesn't delete it, it means the Item to be deleted was not returned via the fast sync, and that's why it's not being deleted. Sorry, when I mention your logs, I mean the server and Kodi log from the same timeframe, that contains your test.

Edited by Angelblue05

Thanks Angelblue05 - now everything works again. Sorry for being late with the logs, but it seems like you spotted the bug without. I have just run several tests and deleting/moving a movie now works again.  :)  :)  :)

• Like 1