Restore Purchase on iPad

jurgman

jurgman

Hello,

I recently unlocked the iphone emby app for €4,99 after i test trialled Emby premiere for 2 months and did not feel i needed it at the moment.

The iphone version is working great.

Now i trie to restore purchase on my iPad. This is not doing anything. The button is there but it does not do anything.

I completely wiped the ipad but this has not solved my problem.

Any ideas?

Hi, make sure the ipad has access to the app store, that you're signed into itunes, and that you haven't disabled the app store on the device,. thanks.

jurgman

Hello Luke, Thanks for the answer. I am a technician myself. I have tried the standard tactics. I am signed in. I have deleted the app and reinstalled. Restored the iPad. I get the "restore purchase" button. After pressing i get the login for appleid. It is the same id which i am signed in through.

After that it does nothing. No processing. Nothing. The only thing i can think of is that i used to unlock the iPad with emby premierre. Maybe it retained some setting? iPhone is working great.

When i push the green unlock button. it just flashes and does nothing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zt5jhnjffp38ylw/IMG_0001.png?dl=0

Edited by jurgman

Ok if you have Emby Premiere then its just a matter of signing into your local server that has Emby Premiere enabled.

jurgman

Oh. I am sorry. English is not my native language. I meant that i used premiere before. 2 months. Afterwards i decided i did not need and use the extra functions. So i decided to buy the app. But the ipad version was in the beginning "unlocked" for premier.  Now i want to unlock through "restore purchase" after "buying from iPhone"

So to recap all the taken steps regarding Emby:

1. Installed emby docker version on synology.

2. Liked it and bought Premiere

3. installed license on docker version.

4. unlocked iPad through licensed emby docker version. Working great. Local and remote.

5. After 2 months I stopped the premier license.

6. Docker version of Emby is now unlicensed.

7. Unlocked iPhone version of Emby with (unlock €4,99)

8. iPhone version is working great and can access Docker version of Emby. Local and remote.

9. try to unlock iPad version with (restore purchase)

10. comes up with good appleid but does nothing.

11. Try to unlock with (unlock €4,99). does nothing. just flashes green when pushing the button.

So you're saying you can't even initiate a brand new purchase? Does the device have the app store enabled, and an internet connection? If its' disabled then that could cause a problem.

jurgman

ok. tried a clean test iphone. everything works as expected. it unlocks without any problem.

I think the problem on the iPad is related to it first being unlocked with an existing premier license. After expiring you cannot use it for other "purchases".

I will try the following:

-completely wipe the ipad again and do a fresh install without restore backup (iPad). 

-fresh install Emby.

-restore purchase.

I will let you know.

jurgman

I can now say that the restored ipad (as new) can "restore purchase".

So I figure my hypothesis is right. On my iPad the emby app cannot purchase after being licensed through premier. Or it was just a fluke. Maybe someone can try this out?