features request

fu2re

Hi, I want to share my thoughts about the ios app

1. Subtitles sometimes appear with a delay of half a second but it doesn’t always happen. I guess there is the possibility of a bottle neck somewhere that needs a fix? How about adding an option to fix it manually on the user’s side?
2. I have a few media libraries where one of them is “Movies”, another is “Anime” and so on. I want to watch my movies on Russian (my own language) without subtitles and my anime on Japanese language with subtitles. My suggestion is to add such settings to “Metadata Manager” on the server to enable setups separately for each library/movie.
3. The bottom menu looks like an old Android 2.0. 
4. There is no option of seeing the episode number while watching. What about adding info on the number of the episode at the left top corner of the screen? 
5. As for the controls, it would be perfect to be able to use swipes and multitouch. For example: Two short taps to play or pause the video, and swipe left/right to scroll back or forward. It is the same as nPlayer has on their old version, but I don’t know how it is done on the new version. 

I have changed to Emby from Plex due to your active community and great support. I’ve noticed many responses from Emby’s staff on this forum. I’ve asked for the same features on the Plex forum but didn’t get any replies, therefore  I am trying my luck here. 

Best Regards.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, welcome. Apologies for delayed response. The bottom menu is actually a native iOS tab bar. What do you think is old about it?

Yes I think swipes and multi touch are a great idea. We have some of this in the android video player but just haven't brought them to iOS yet. The in-app OSD could use some enhancement with additional information,  yes.

As far as library settings go, in the upcoming release we will have a small sampling of settings that can be configured on a per-library basis. Not subtitles just yet, but it's possible we could do that in a future release.