Library Sync Error in Kodi

DParsons

DParsons

I've had a major crash event with Kodi and the devs there asked me to post this here as well. They asked for me to include the log files and I'll add them as soon as I'm able. It actually happened about a week ago so I'm not sure how far back the logs go but I'll get them here as soon as I'm at home but I wanted to get this post started now.

Emby version 3.0.6000.0, currently but it may have been the last version because I believe this was just updated as there is another update to a newer version waiting for me to upgrade now.

windows 7 sp1

intel i7

gtx 970

assus sabertooth z87 mb

Edited by DParsons

DParsons

There was a red message that popped up across the top of the screen saying 'Library Sync Error', I never really thought much of it until I noticed my SSD was nearly full. This is beside having to initially reset everything from the default installation state of the program. After several days of thinking this was a result of a recent game update, I finally found that all my TV recordings were going to the default location that NextPVR (my pvr backend) uses and not my larger HDD that I had mapped out during installation. When I finally discovered that my SSD was being filled by TV recordings is when I realized that the warning message about the Library Sync failure had caused some serious problems. I never noticed that the default recording folder had been reset as well. It basically caused everything to reset to the installation defaults and I still have not been able to completely get everything back to normal yet. I'm not sure if that is the library sync exited message that you mentioned but I can only recall it saying library sync error and not any other text the message probably did have.

How far back do the logs show you because it was the last week or possibly two weeks since it actually happened. 

Angelblue05

Well there was a new release since (it's now 2.2.19), so chances are the error is gone. Please post again with a fresh log if you are able to reproduce the error once more. Thanks :)

Edited by Angelblue05

DParsons

Looks like this incident has lead me to discover an issue with my computer. Awesome!!! I have a SSD as my OS drive and a large HDD I use for storage, where my media library is located. An event that just happened where I could no longer copy a file from my HDD to anywhere made me realize it was the problem. That error, along with you saying that you saw nothing on  my logs, lead me to realize that is what Kodi's error message was actually for. Funny, it still works except for that error about not being able to read from the drive while trying to copy a file from the hdd . That made me think of the error I got from Kodi and that that is obviously what it is happening. I Hope it will be corrected by just switching sata ports otherwise the hdd itself might be going, just seems strange that it mostly works and I'm still using it right now but something to do with it is the problem and I'm hoping just the individual port is all the problem is.  

• Like 1