Skip forward/back skips in 5 minute increments

amock

I'm using HDHomeRun in Emby server to record OTA TV shows.  When I play them back in Emby Theater 2.5.4 on Windows 7 machine the recording plays fine.  But when I try to skip forward or backward using the left and right arrow keys on my keyboard, it will only skip to multiples of 5 minutes.  For example, if the recording is at 13:42, skip forward jumps to 15:00 and skip backward jumps to 10:00.  The skip forward and back in Emby Theater settings is at the default 15 seconds for both.  The recording shows the correct runtime.  Even so, I tried refreshing the recording but still have the same issue.  I've also tried setting the server setting to automatically convert recordings to a streaming friendly format, but that didn't help either.  I am running Emby Server version 3.0.6000.0

Edited by amock

jasonmcroy

Yes, that is the expected behavior. The arrow keys left/right skip in 5 minute increments. The fast forward/rewind button will skip in 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 second increments and is configurable in the settings menu. 

I wish Luke had implemented it to use the arrow keys to skip in the smaller increments as that is what every other App I use does and I always forget when I switch from Android to Emby Theater. lol

blade005

I'm using HDHomeRun in Emby server to record OTA TV shows.  When I play them back in Emby Theater 2.5.4 on Windows 7 machine the recording plays fine.  But when I try to skip forward or backward using the left and right arrow keys on my keyboard, it will only skip to multiples of 5 minutes.  For example, if the recording is at 13:42, skip forward jumps to 15:00 and skip backward jumps to 10:00.  The skip forward and back in Emby Theater settings is at the default 15 seconds for both.  The recording shows the correct runtime.  Even so, I tried refreshing the recording but still have the same issue.  I've also tried setting the server setting to automatically convert recordings to a streaming friendly format, but that didn't help either.  I am running Emby Server version 3.0.6000.0

amock,

If you are skipping in 5 minute intervals then you are using keys that are set for chapter skip markers, which are set at 5 minute intervals. If a video does not have chapter markers embedded in the file when it is added to the library, chapter markers are created at 5 minute intervals. These are different from the skip forward / skip backward settings that you can adjust in Emby. Just need to find the correct keys on keyboard or buttons on your remote to get the desired action. 

I'm having a hard timing finding any documentation outlining the keys on the keyboard that can be used with the latest Emby Theater for Windows.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  I have searched through the Wiki to no avail.  I've also searched the forums but what I found there does not seem to work with Emby Theater for Windows.

jasonmcroy

Here are the ones that I know. The back button stops playback while watching a video or Live TV. Ctrl-Shift-F skips forward in whatever seconds you have set up in settings. Ctrl-Shift-B skips back in whatever seconds you have set up. The space bar will pause/play. I think Ctrl-Shift-P will start playback as well. 

Those are the ones I know off the top of my head. I am not sure if/where it's written up.

• 4 weeks later...
cshaun

Yes, that is the expected behavior. The arrow keys left/right skip in 5 minute increments. The fast forward/rewind button will skip in 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 second increments and is configurable in the settings menu. 

I wish Luke had implemented it to use the arrow keys to skip in the smaller increments as that is what every other App I use does and I always forget when I switch from Android to Emby Theater. lol

I also for the life of my can't figure out why this is the default action for the left/right keys. Just about every other app I've tried uses the more logical small jump. Kodi does this well, 10 second, then 30, 60 etc getting larger each press. An ideal solution.

I have multiple remotes and don't have 'fast forward' buttons that work on them. So Emby Theater just isn't usable for me and I assume many others.

Would almost never use 5 min increments, and with Kodi's implementation 5 min increments redundant and useless. (Also never use chapter markings/skipping.)

Surely this will get fixed at some point? When?

• Like 2