Help converting from WMC

shavid0610

shavid0610

Hi - I am hoping for some assistance converting from Windows Media Centre (With Emby Plug-In) to stand-alone Emby.

I am a long term WMC user with Media Browser plug-in then Emby with the update.  I don't ever use the Web Based version though.  Only the Plug-In.

We have a Video Mate E750 dual TV tuner card.

I have now just upgraded to Windows 10 as the free upgrade is coming to an end within days. 

We use the Emby Plug-in to watch all our digital content - movies, TV series etc.  Plus we use the Live TV, EPG and record program options within WMC to watch live TV, time-shift, pause live TV, schedule shows to record, and watch pre-recorded shows.

I have installed WMC onto my Windows 10 following instructions from Life Hacker but so far can't get it to work properly.  Emby Plug-In works perfectly but the live TV set-up has been problematic for now.

So, if I was to bite the bullet and abandon my beloved WMC what Emby programs/apps etc would I need to re-create a system that will work someone like what I am used to that is easy to set up and has all of the functions mentioned above?

I have signed up for Emby Premiere so I can get whatever is required, however one of the reasons I liked WMC with Emby Plug-In was the simplicity of the set-up so I need simple instructions.

Thank you in advance for any advice or assistance that you can offer.

Sharon

EDIT: I should add I am in Australia in case that limits programs/apps I am able to utilise

Edited by shavid0610