Windows Games in Theater 2.5.4

jellovator

jellovator

Ok so Luke has added ability to launch games using the external players feature.

I am following this guide, which I know has old info: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/2720-gamebrowser-3-plugin/

I want to use Windows games, for example need for speed rivals. I have set up a mock folder structure on my server

c:\Games

c:\Games\Windows

c:\Games\Windows\Need for Speed Rivals

and created a file c:\Games\Windows\Need for Speed\Rivals\game.gbwin

(this is all on my server, the actual games are installed on another PC)

I go to GameBrowser III configuration and add Platform Configuration.

I set the Path to c:\Games\Windows (the path on the server to my mock folder structure)

I select Windows as the platform

I go to Libraries and add a new library. Type = games, directory is c:\Games (mock folder structure)

Rescan library.

After this I see my Games menu, Windows subfolder, and Need for Speed Rivals listed there.

I go to Theater 2.5.4 and go to Settings, External Players

I add Media Type = Game

Path = c:\MyGames\Rivals\rivals.exe (this is path on local computer, where game is actually installed)

Game system = PC (although in gamebrowser it says "windows", not PC, this is my option here)

Arguments = {path}  (this is from older info on other posts I have read)

I save it.

Now I go to (in Theater) Games menu, select Windows Games, select Need for Speed Rivals.

I click Play and I get "Playback Error: MessagePlaybackErrorPlaceHolder"

Am I just completely doing something wrong?

Should my mock folder structure be a mirror of my PC where the actual games are installed?

By the way, 2.5.4 is looking good and great performance! Thanks dev team for all the hard work!

Good day,

The plugin been update today:

5799316288789_20160728_10949.jpg

I do not know if that will solve the issue or not.

my best

jellovator

I noticed that too. But no, still doesn't work.

However, after more searching through the forum it appears that Windows PC games are not supported.

• 1 month later...

The GameBrowser plugin has been updated with a new configuration screen to match the look and feel of the rest of Emby Server. I think you'll find it much more enjoyable to use and configure now. 

We are looking for contributors who might be interested in helping with other GameBrowser development, so if that's something you'd like to help out with then please let us know.

Thanks !