LibraryScan: Some movies are not added

siteripper2

siteripper2

Hello, I have stored 1087 movies but Emby shows only 1081 of them. How can I figure out which files are the problematic ones?

I attached the log of a media library scan.

Furthermore I am wondering about the "Access to the path "/home/vodhd/Filme/Moviename.nfo" is denied." error you can find in the log. Though these movies are still added correctly to the library with all info and are playable.

I hope you can help me out with this :)

log.txt

Hi, welcome. You'll have to discuss specific examples of what movies are missing, along with making sure to tell us what the exact folder and file paths are.

The nfo situation is easy. You configured Emby Server to save NFO's in your media folders, but Emby Server does not have access to write to those locations, so you'll need to configure permissions for that in your operating system.

siteripper2

Hi, welcome. You'll have to discuss specific examples of what movies are missing, along with making sure to tell us what the exact folder and file paths are.

The nfo situation is easy. You configured Emby Server to save NFO's in your media folders, but Emby Server does not have access to write to those locations, so you'll need to configure permissions for that in your operating system.

Hello, I dont know which movies are missing, just these 6 out of over thousand. I have no idea how to know which specific movies are missing.

I changed the setting for mediafolder and now it says: "perform bulk refreshes using the metadata manager." I was not able to find this.

I am guessing the movies are not actually missing but they might be falling into the naming convention for multi-part movies, or multi-resolution:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie%20naming

I know it's hard to figure out which one, but unfortunately that's the only way i can give you a definitive answer about why it's not showing up.

siteripper2

All movies are one file and only in one resolution. All are named "Movie (Date).mp4".

Due to Linux I had issues with ö, ä, ü, ß, é... in filenames (they were not showing up in the library) but I  changed everything so this issue should be solved.

Then I had an issue with this movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1306980/

Using the German title "5050 Freunde fuers (Ueber)Leben" would lead to no entry (it was completely missing in the library). I renamed it to the turkish title "Sansa Bak" and finally Emby was able to add it.

I was just lucky to find out that this movie was not added.

It would be better if Emby woud hand out a list of files which were not scanned correctly/added after the media library scan.

When I have time I will try to figure out which movies are not added and report back.

Edited by siteripper2

siteripper2

So, any title with unicode doesnt work properly it sounds like?

Other movies with (, &, - or other signs worked.

When I added: 5050 Freunde fuers (Ueber)Leben.mp4 Emby was not able to find it as it seems and added nothing to the library...not even a message, a screencap or anything :(

Other movies with (, &, - or other signs worked.

When I added: 5050 Freunde fuers (Ueber)Leben.mp4 Emby was not able to find it as it seems and added nothing to the library...not even a message, a screencap or anything :(

Hi, are you able to find it using the search function? can you show us a screenshot of what the folder structure looks like? thanks.