GUI hangs on initialization of certain lists

KampfCaspar

KampfCaspar

Hi!

Starting the app, on the shows suggestions page, 'resume' is filled almost instantly whereas 'next up' usually hangs for MINUTES. Once it hangs there, the 'shows' page hangs as well; starting a 'resumed' episode works well, however. On the web client, a noticeable delay - upto half a minute - is also there. It's however not near as bad.

Having recorded MANY shows/episodes over the years I have quite a collection. Might there be a problem with ~260 'shows' and a corresponding number of episodes? 

The server is a core2 quad with lots of free cycles - and I do not notice a load spike/memory issues while the app is 'waiting'. Therefore server performance should not be the bottleneck. The log does not contain any warnings/errors.

Usually I would suspect a database indexing issue. Is there a way to re-index?

KC

Hi, welcome. The best thing to do is ensure you're running the latest version of both the app and Emby Server, and then if the issue persists, please provide the information requested in how to report a problem. Thanks!

KampfCaspar

Server 3.0.6000 with Google Play app (current).

I found the 'debug' checkbox ;) . I restarted the server and used a 'localmost' connection  (to get the network out of the equation). The log file (server-log.txt), now shows multiple 'slow' sqlite query executions (only logged in debug mode). At least some of the delay is explained by them (i.e. web client).

Thanks. Question, after they finally load, if you go back a second time, does the performance the second time differ?

Additionally, I see you have sqlite 3.8.2. Newer releases have improved performance so you could also try updating it.

KampfCaspar

Thanks for the tip! I side-loaded 3.11 and it's no comparison!

There's still about a 5s lag for the 'next up' list, seems a bit too much still, but livable.

NB: within the show page, once a list is created, it's immediately redrawn - after going on the main page and back, the are re-created with the same lag again.