Some tips that solved my slowness for Mediabrowser/EMBY

AFFASocial

AFFASocial

OK for starters I have been using using Mediabrowser/Emby for years and since I run Servers with Laragon, Email Server, Do Email Marketing, Have Private Search for my servers, FTP server, use Internet Email Extractors, Recompile Movies to smaller format.  Well as you can imagine its becomes quite a load on my system  (SYSTEM) = 

1.jpg

Now wile running Anyvideo Converter with my 5 hosted servers running and FTP and email server and search engine

24/7  Example pic below

2.jpg

normally uses  all 4 cores maxed out at 100%  makes doing things very slow not to mention I can not watch movies without it lagging since its maxed out. What i have done is installed System Explorer =  and set the process priority to idle and set as permanent

and them set the Process Infinity to use the core(s) i dedicate to the app and set it to permanent like in Anyvideo Converter now only uses core.

Example(s) Below

3.jpg

5.jpg

No the last APPLICATION I installed for memory Management is Ram Saver Pro THIS worlks Flawless out of all the ones I have tested example below

6.jpg

After installation I used default setting and went to Advanced settings and set it to free memory every 1 minute  example pic below

7.jpg

Now i HAVE SHARED THESE TIPS  so you have a understanding that with System Explorer and Ram Saver pro you can do ALL your task and still watch movies flawlessly even wile compiling or converting your movies or scraping the web for email campaigns.  

I am a OG hacker from napster days and ~The Forum~ and Defcon, I  work at home and spend most of my time on the computer marketing for my wife's  Real Estate Business and do all phases of computer and software repair locally.

I wrote this tut mainly for the purpose of showing HOW to MAKE Emby flawless even on a full load of system activity  ENJOY!  from AFFA/PCMAN

PS I wrote this tutorial wile running all my servers soft     1,laragon 5 domains=like wamp 2.email server 3.Emby Playing a movie, 4. ftp server Converting 5 Movies in background with Any Video Cnnverter  6. Chat Server Also promoting some links/backlinks AT THE SAME TIME

Edited by cnjnorton

chef

Interesting.

I know emby stores a bunch of information in RAM.

By clearing the RAM every minute do you notice any Libraray navigational lags?

How does the System Explorer do with FFMPEG. I have noticed in the past when I change affinity to high on ffmpeg my computer doesn't like it much.

AFFASocial

none at all only on a heavy load  and i changed ffmpeg.exe to only use core 2 and 3  now when im not running emails scrapes or compyling movies to a smaller format it runs 100% un noticed

Edited by cnjnorton
  • Like 1

AFFASocial

FYI I stress everything to a crawl to determine how to best use it,,,  also another issue for emby  if someone is watching a movies and say they pause it for a hour  the whole time ffmpeg.exe is running as 25%  so maybe emby can see if they can code it so if paused say more than 3 minutes to release the pause media/ffmpeh.exe so is can save your system from being bogged if 4 people pause at the same time ..

Edited by cnjnorton

AFFASocial

and remember  in one of my other post i replaced the 64bit ffmpeg play and probe to 32bit in the post about ffmpeg memory issue's  and the size difference in the files are original = about 45mb  and the replacements =only about 400k each   :)  I believe Luke replied and say they use the ffmpeg's from the same site i recommended  even tho the compiled files do not match  ...

Edited by cnjnorton

AFFASocial

only lags  on heavy heavy load and i moved the cache folder to another drive that runs compressed at all times it seemd to help as well.

when i make changes i test everything on my mobile only using 4g at even on a load it play almost flowless or as close to perfect,,,,,,  if you just run the movie server and some host soft  it will never lag except when loading,,, even runs smooth when its scanning all media

Edited by cnjnorton

and remember  in one of my other post i replaced the 64bit ffmpeg play and probe to 32bit in the post about ffmpeg memory issue's  and the size difference in the files are original = about 45mb  and the replacements =only about 400k each   :)  I believe Like replied and say they use the ffmpeg's from the same site i recommended  even tho the compiled files do not match  ...

Just from different dates.

AFFASocial

Not to seem to challengs your statement Luke Emby ffmpeg is quite larger than 400k as are the other .exe  and in no way am i questioning EMBY  its a reference as to what im actually seeing from files to file sizes to consumption.  SO respect to emby as far as its concerned....  and yes I support Emby developers, their is alsways that old WHAT IF IT CAN BE BETTER as it always can be better :)

Edited by cnjnorton

yes there are static builds and linked builds that will have very different file sizes.

chef

You mentioned that ffmpeg hangs at 25% while a movie is paused.

I wonder if maybe you have transcode throttling enabled. Or a setting enabled which might make ffmpeg act that way.

Just for comparisons sake, When I transcode a movie, ffmpeg will stop after the transcode is finished, even if the movie is paused, the transcode will continue to the end.

It will of coarse stop transcoding if I stop playback of the film.

The fact that you are able to push your i3 like that is very reassuring. I put an i3 in my server and wasn't sure if I should upgrade.

Although upgrades are good, it is good to know that it might not need to happen right away.

Good stuff!

Edited by chef

AFFASocial

I have the streaming set to auto  I have throttling  checked  I never really concerned myself with that since i have it running absolutely next to perfect..  I turn it off and report how it goes,,,,,,,,   

AFFASocial

Chef for the record I have disabled throttling and have 2 movies paused from different units and see no ffmpeg.exe so with that 25% freed imagine the posobilities  LOL

Is it normal for Firefox to take a moment when resuming ???? Chrome is instant 

Edited by cnjnorton
  • Like 1

JeremyFr79

Definitely handy tips for those who have systems with sparse resources.

• Like 1

chef

Chef for the record I have disabled throttling and have 2 movies paused from different units and see no ffmpeg.exe so with that 25% freed imagine the posobilities LOL

Not quite sure. I use chrome mostly. It is possible.

Happy2Play

Chef for the record I have disabled throttling and have 2 movies paused from different units and see no ffmpeg.exe so with that 25% freed imagine the posobilities  LOL

Are both browsers transcoding?

AFFASocial

after adjustments I can say it runs with 75% memory free at most instances  with all my server and apps running im very happy :)

AFFASocial

example of the best i can get with everything running

EXAMPLE 

9.jpg

Edited by cnjnorton

AFFASocial

I fixed the images, never had my FB images expire before  sorry for that

AFFASocial

images will be down for a bit compressor cleaning  and adding another hard drive and gonna throw in  several 250gig usb...s