Inappropriate suggestions

ffffffffffffffffffffffff

ffffffffffffffffffffffff

Is there a way to either limit suggestions to the same library or turn them off completely?  

Would be great if we could open into SHOWS and MOVIES instead of SUGGESTIONS too,

those suggestions are also meh cause our libraries are small so it's more like, here's most

of what you have in an unintuitive order!

post-146856-0-62720800-1469487565_thumb.png

Edited by ffffffffffffffffffffffff

ffffffffffffffffffffffff

This might belong in the web client forum. 

Edit: scratch that, affects android tv and tablets too..

Edited by ffffffffffffffffffffffff

Happy2Play

Would be great if we could open into SHOWS and MOVIES instead of SUGGESTIONS too,

those suggestions are also meh cause our libraries are small so it's more like, here's most

of what you have in an intuitive order!

Several feature requests for this.

Is there a way to either limit suggestions to the same library or turn them off completely?

You can use custom css to remove them from the web client but for all other clients you will need to make a request for an option in each client.  It would be nice to have a server side option to turn them off all together that would affect all clients.

/*Hide Recommendations-Because you watched*/
.recommendations.homePageSection {display: none !important;}

/*Hide If you like from movies*/
/*#similarCollapsible {display: none !important;}*/

bfir3

Wait Emby now recommends mixed content? That's a new feature because I know previously if you were browsing content in the Movies or TV library you would only receive suggestions for that type of content on an item's page. If I am browsing a Star Trek TV series I will only be prompted with suggestions for other Start Trek (or similar) TV shows. Likewise for a movie I would only be prompted with movie suggestions.

Hard to say what the default behavior should be I guess, but if I'm browsing a movie I'm probably more inclined to want to see movie recommendations, however with the case mentioned above maybe it would be nice to have Star Trek TV series suggestions when browsing a Star Trek movie.

ffffffffffffffffffffffff

They're not mixed types but it is two distinct libraries, one for kids content and one for adult content.  

Some pretty easy fixes come to mind: 

- don't suggest content with a higher classification than what's in that library

- only get suggestions from the same library

- option to disable suggestions

• Like 2

legallink

Agreed on this point.  I'm getting a lot of suggestions in my "Movies" tab for movies that are playing on Live TV.  While a separate line of what's playing on TV would be welcome, rolling it in with the movies in my library is just confusing to the user.

JoshFink

Agreed. Is there a reason that suggestions just can't be turned off totally and allow people to use it if they want. At the very least just don't make it the default.

It would be immensely more helpful to actually let the end user choose where they want to start. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...