Libraries duplicating content - Series Pooling?

GreyJackal

GreyJackal

Hello,

I have two libraries in emby that are giving me odd issues.

Server version 3.0.6000.0, although this has been appearing for several versions now.

Library 1, "Recordings", content type unset/mixed content, resolves to \\ServerA\RecordedTV.  This is the library that emby records TV shows to, and is the library I use to watch recorded tv episodes, then delete the episode once watched.

Library 2, "Television, content type "TV", resolves to \\ServerB\Television.  This is where my Television Series ripped DVD episodes are, all MP4 format.

The problem is any series that exists in both libraries shows every season and every episode of that series, regardless of whether the season is in "Recordings" on ServerA, or "Television", on ServerB.

I tried changing "Recordings" to content type TV, and that resulted in every series, with every season and episode, appearing in both libraries, regardless of where the series actually resided.

I have set "Recordings" back to content type unset/mixed, which reduced the display to only the series that exist in that library again, but still showing all seasons/episodes for those series that are in both libraries.

Clean Database and Scan Library have both been run multiple times.  This behavior appears in Web Client on Firefox, Emby for Media Center, and Emby Theater.

I assume this is a result of "Series Pooling", but is this working as intended?  Is it supposed to show content across libraries in addition to across drives?  And more importantly, can I turn it off.

Thank you

GreyJackal

So I guess either I'm the only one experiencing this, or the only one bothered by it?

Kinda hoping the series pooling will become an option at some point.

We're going to be changing it to only pool within the same library so I think that will take care of your issue.

tatumana

I think I have the same issue. For the same tv shows, I may have one or two or three different version, one folder for each version (french, sub french, sub english).

For example, for 12 Monkeys I have this structure:

c:/media/12 Monkeys (2015) (VF)/SAISON 01/etc..

c:/media/12 Monkeys (2015) (VOST FR)/SAISON 01/etc..

c:/media/12 Monkeys (2015) (VOST EN)/SAISON 01/etc..

Before, in the metadata manager (and in emby mobile app, kodi addon) all version appear distinctly.

Then, from this update, all versions are mixed into one. Now it's a very big problem because I must to guess the version I want to play.

Please fix this issue :( Or an option to deactivate completely the "Series Pooling".

Edited by tatumana