App for creating .nfo files

Praefervidus

Praefervidus

Hello every one,

As much as I noticed, Emby agents scrape movie info from online databases, such as imdb site.

Also I noticed that Emby ignore totally the embedded metadata in the movie file (this because some of my movies are not found on imdb/themoviedb).

Since I have thousands of movies which have all information embedded. I need to find out a program which can extract the embedded metadata from the movie file and export it to .nfo file.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your answers.

Praefervidus

Emby does not read the embedded metadata in movie files. It is true, it creates .nfo file but the file does not contain any data stored in file metadata.

Now I have 3 options:

- inserting manually the metadata again (such as people) for each file (currently are over 3000).

- Or I use an app which does that for me (read embedded metadata and create the .nfo file for them)

- a way to force emby to read the embedded data in each movie file. Rescanning, refreshing library and files don't improve the completeness of the movie data, such as people.

Any suggestions? 

Emby does read embedded metadata, it's just that internet metadata gets first priority. If you disable all internet metadata services, then your embedded metadata will be used.

Praefervidus

Hi,

thanks for your answer. I did disabled "metadata/Setting/Download artwork and metadata from the internet", Emby did not read the embedded metadata from movie file. This because all the information it showed was the file name as Movie Title.

In Metadata for movies there are only services about how to read/write type of files (info or xml).

May be I do something wrong. So could you please, inform me how to disable all internet metadata services?

Much thanks in advance for your reply

You should test with a brand new video, because if an nfo was already written, the data inside the nfo gets priority. the priority is nfo -> internet -> embedded. so you need to disable internet metadata, then start with a new set of videos.

Praefervidus

I knew that and therefore I tested a new brand video, where the within the folder only the movie file. Also I tested with another file as "home video" (same results).

Here is the content of the file (as you can see there is no people, info and the language is "und". Interesting it scraped the genre and some technical data about the movie. Also it created a poster file.

So I am missing "People" and movie description. Both are embedded in the movie file.

--------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>

<movie>
  <plot />
  <outline />
  <lockdata>false</lockdata>
  <dateadded>2016-01-21 02:56:46</dateadded>
  <title>All around</title>
  <mpaa>NC-17</mpaa>
  <runtime>8</runtime>
  <genre>Action</genre>
  <art>
    <poster>/Volumes/Movies/All around/poster.jpg</poster>
  </art>
  <isuserfavorite>false</isuserfavorite>
  <playcount>0</playcount>
  <watched>false</watched>
  <resume>
    <position>0</position>
    <total>457.038</total>
  </resume>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <video>
        <codec>h264</codec>
        <micodec>h264</micodec>
        <bitrate>1615176</bitrate>
        <width>640</width>
        <height>480</height>
        <aspect>4:3</aspect>
        <aspectratio>4:3</aspectratio>
        <framerate>29.97003</framerate>
        <language>und</language>
        <scantype>progressive</scantype>
        <default>True</default>
        <forced>False</forced>
        <duration>8</duration>
        <durationinseconds>457</durationinseconds>
      </video>
      <audio>
        <codec>aac</codec>
        <micodec>aac</micodec>
        <bitrate>94643</bitrate>
        <language>und</language>
        <channels>2</channels>
        <samplingrate>44100</samplingrate>
        <default>True</default>
        <forced>False</forced>
      </audio>
      <embeddedimage>
        <codec>png</codec>
        <micodec>png</micodec>
        <width>166</width>
        <height>250</height>
        <framerate>90000</framerate>
        <default>False</default>
        <forced>False</forced>
      </embeddedimage>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
</movie>
------------------------

Maybe the way that information is embedded is different than what we have implemented. if you can provide a sample video then I will test it. thanks.

Praefervidus

Hello,

Well I cannot upload any of my videos because this is not legal to distribute videos. However you can test it yourself. Just pick up any video clip from Internet, such as youtube. Insert the metadata via a program, such as iflick or identify 2.

By the way I found out that the only part is not read by Emby is the "people". For a reason I don't understand, Emby can not get the actors/actress from the embedded metadata. It would be perfect if you check this out. May be the easiest solution is that Emby extract the embedded metadata for people through "artist".

Vidman

Hello,

Well I cannot upload any of my videos because this is not legal to distribute videos. However you can test it yourself. Just pick up any video clip from Internet, such as youtube. Insert the metadata via a program, such as iflick or identify 2.

By the way I found out that the only part is not read by Emby is the "people". For a reason I don't understand, Emby can not get the actors/actress from the embedded metadata. It would be perfect if you check this out. May be the easiest solution is that Emby extract the embedded metadata for people through "artist".

Supply one of those internet videos then Edited by Vidman

Praefervidus

Sorry Sir, if I download a video and send it to anyone, it is illegal because I am not authorised to distribute any copies.

all you need is to pick up any video you have, change the embedded metadata (so it is not found on themoviedb/IMDB) and test it, if Emby can extract the metadata, specifically for "people".

By the way for section "People", Emby regonize only if the keyword "actor". With standardised keywords, such as "cast" and "artist", emby cannot deal with. While other media systems, such as Kodi and Plex.tv can do that. I know that because when I uploaded my videos, both systems were able to pick up the embedded metadata for actors and artists without a problem.

All I need that Emby read the embedded metadata and show the actors.

Much thanks

Sorry Sir, if I download a video and send it to anyone, it is illegal because I am not authorised to distribute any copies.

Omg.. call teh cops!!1!!eleven!1shift!!

There was a guy I know, had a video he downloaded from youtube, and shared it on a forum. He thought, hey whats the harm. Moments later police kicked in his door, shot his dog, and placed him in handcuffs. When he asked what was happening the officer said, piracy is a game, and you just lost. He was tried in court and got 30 years. He lost his wife, family, and his downloads. All this couldve been avoided had he not shared that one video on that forum that time. Damn.

Yeah, be careful d00ds, the cops love kicking in your door cuz you shared a Rihanna video you downloaded from youtube. They have unlimited resources and are always vigilantly working to protect the interests of copyright law.

<officer> son, step away from the computer

<mike> but my rihanna video downloaded from youtube isnt finished uploading to the forum

* officer unholsters his gun and shoots mike three times

* mike dies

Reality is quote the opposite, some people fear their own shadows.

Edited by speechles

Thanks for the info. If you can provide a sample video we'll test out a fix. Thanks.

Praefervidus

Hi,

I tried to upload the smaller movie file I created (156MB). This failed because the maximum to upload is 10 MB.

Please advise.

Edited by Praefervidus