Missing images after upgrade

tman

I've just upgraded to 3.0.6000, and while the upgrade went ok, pretty much all actor images are now missing, and my genre images have changed to some old ones I don't use anymore. The Database Cleanup task ran and completed ok after the upgrade.

I then ran the 'Refresh People' task, which took over 4 hours to complete, but did in the end, but still no actor images. General movie posters/thumbs seem ok.

I know at one point a while back the IBN 'People' folder changed, and I had a similar problem as to this time, so has this happened again? I currently have an IBN subfolder called 'People' which is populated with thousands of folders not many with images.

So, in the Web UI, my IBN folder is F:\Cache\Emby\ImagesByName, but are actor images stored in this folder (as sub-folders A,B,C etc), or are they stored in the 'People' sub-folder, or somewhere else now? What about Genre/Studio images? 

Thanks

Happy2Play

So, in the Web UI, my IBN folder is F:\Cache\Emby\ImagesByName

Where do you see this?  Is this your metadata location?

Thanks.

LIbrary -> Advanced -> Metadata Path = F:\Cache\Emby\ImagesByName

F: is a local drive on the Emby Server by the way (SSD).

Edited by tman

Happy2Play

Is there a folder in that location called metadata?

vaise

Hi,

I have just noticed all my artwork is not showing on the roku's after the upgrade also.

I went to the web based version and same thing - no artwork for anything at all.

Restarted emby server, it did a media scan as normal.

No help - all artwork not showing.

I have not set a metadata path - whatever the default was i guess.

Any ideas ?

Edited by vaise

vaise

Ignore my update - it is all back now.......  dunno where it went for a second but I guess the emby restart / rescan fixed it.

Is there a folder in that location called metadata?

Yeah, sure is. Looks like it's new though - all the content was created in the last day or so. 'Genre' folder here contains all my old images, and the 'People' folder looks new too. So, as it stands, I now have 3 locations for actor images;

F:\Cache\Emby\People (seems very old)

F:\Cache\Emby\ImagesByName\People (I think this was the one I was using)

F:\Cache\Emby\ImagesByName\Metadata\People (seems to be the new one created after the upgrade to 3.0.6000. Unpopulated by the looks of it)

Ignore my update - it is all back now.......  dunno where it went for a second but I guess the emby restart / rescan fixed it.

None of my actor images are back yet. Restarted server twice.

Yeah, sure is. Looks like it's new though - all the content was created in the last day or so. 'Genre' folder here contains all my old images, and the 'People' folder looks new too. So, as it stands, I now have 3 locations for actor images;

F:\Cache\Emby\People (seems very old)

F:\Cache\Emby\ImagesByName\People (I think this was the one I was using)

F:\Cache\Emby\ImagesByName\Metadata\People (seems to be the new one created after the upgrade to 3.0.6000. Unpopulated by the looks of it)

Move your images from the second one to the third one.

nickyrat

Huh, I have this same issue. All of my actor images disappeared.

The new metadata subfolder is there now, but is empty.

I have been using the ImagesByName\People option for forever...when did the folder change to ImagesByName\Metadata\People?

Do I need to manually move all of my image folders into this new metadata sub folder? Or just People?

Thanks! :)

Happy2Play

Huh, I have this same issue. All of my actor images disappeared.

The new metadata subfolder is there now, but is empty.

I have been using the ImagesByName\People option for forever...when did the folder change to ImagesByName\Metadata\People?

Do I need to manually move all of my image folders into this new metadata sub folder? Or just People?

Thanks! :)

This change was done over 6 months ago.  Has it been that long since you have updated?  And there were a lot of topics open about is then.  If your populated people folder is not in metadata ( or the path listed on the dashboard for metadata) then Yes you will need to movie it there.

nickyrat

No, I constantly update. It all still showed up just fine until I happened to look today. My son likes to see the pictures of the people that do that voices in things, and suddenly they weren't there anymore.

I guess it was still getting the data from the old file structure somehow, but maybe stopped with the latest server update?

Anyhoo, I manually copied the People folder over, and now it populates fine. Do I need to move any other folders around into the new metadata subfolder?

And to be honest, I never really come to the forums. Emby "just works" and works great, so I don't ever really need to research things. :) But I will make sure to keep an eye out now after updates!

Thanks!

No, I constantly update. It all still showed up just fine until I happened to look today. My son likes to see the pictures of the people that do that voices in things, and suddenly they weren't there anymore.

I guess it was still getting the data from the old file structure somehow, but maybe stopped with the latest server update?

Anyhoo, I manually copied the People folder over, and now it populates fine. Do I need to move any other folders around into the new metadata subfolder?

And to be honest, I never really come to the forums. Emby "just works" and works great, so I don't ever really need to research things. :) But I will make sure to keep an eye out now after updates!

Thanks!

Sorry I think this was my fault. You'll never have to do this again. Yes if you still have the contents of the other sub-folders, it might not be a bad idea to move them in too.

nickyrat

Sorry I think this was my fault. You'll never have to do this again. Yes if you still have the contents of the other sub-folders, it might not be a bad idea to move them in too.

Thank you for the heads up. No biggie, was an easy fix. Thanks for everything that you do!