Share via Whatsapp

lamero

Hi, i have not had a chance to look into it yet. It is on my list. Thank you for your patience.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
MikePlanet

Hi, is this now working for anybody?

On latest beta (running on Andriod 7.0), sharing and choosing e.g. email works - but sharing and choosing WhatsApp does not work for me. Error message on teh screen is "Sharing failed, please try again", 

MikePlanet

i haven't tested with whatsapp. i'll give that a shot when i have a moment, thanks.

Thanks Luke!

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
MikePlanet

Thanks Luke!

With 2.9.80 it is still not working

MikePlanet

In the android (beta) app, I select a movie, -> then three-dot-menu ("more"), -> then "share" -> then the android menu appears to select the app to share -> select "whatsapp" -> error message "sharing failed, please try again"

When I do the same and e.g. select "e-mail" instead of whatsapp, it works - new mail is opened with movie description in body.

In the past, the movie could be shared via whatsapp including the cover image and some basic movie data and - which was the most important - a link, that would then open the movie in the android app. This way you could easily recommend a movie to family member, who could directly go via the link in the app and play or cast the movie.

Was imho one of the very cool features :-)

• 1 month later...
MikePlanet

Just tested with version 2.9.92 and it is still the same behaviour like described in post #11, not working.

• 4 months later...
MikePlanet

Feedback: With 3.0.9 the error message is gone, content can be shared via WhatsApp. However, picture is missing and the link provided is a native one pointing to emby site - in the past, when clicking on the link, the media item would open within the locally installed emby app - so the receipient could see and start it directly.