XBOX One bugs to report

divide_by_zero
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

divide_by_zero

Hi all,

After seeing the email about the v2.5 release, I decided to check it out on my Xbone. With the hope things are to the point I can finally be rid of my 7MC box.)

At first, when I navigated to tv.emby.media, I just got a black screen. Updating emby server to the current build fixed this. Saw the dialog that my cursor wouldn't show up -- okay, fine. Except it turns out, this causes the Xbox media remote to not work at all on the site. I'm guessing there's not a huge number of people using this remote, but going back to the clunky xbone controller and constant on/off cycles to sync isn't ideal. Hope this can be fixed and support for this remote can be added.

Second issue: after digging up the xbone controller, I'm prompted for server setup. Not wanting to futz with a pin (and the need to enter a complex password on the emby site with a crappy htpc keyboard), I choose manual server setup. However, I can't for the life of me enter my IP. Nothing seems to trigger the keyboard interface to come up so I can type in the address.

Am I missing something here, or is the manual server setup simply broken?

Thanks!

• Solution

Hi, the second part here is actually an issue with the Xbox One Edge browser and right now there's nothing we can do about it until we release a native app. Here's how you can work around it. The Xbox One Edge browser has two modes - remote control mode and mouse mode. In remote control mode the browser does not pop open the on-screen keyboard for text fields. What you need to do is use the menu button on the controller, switch to mouse mode, use the text field, then switch back.

Having said that, the app tries to encourage you to use the remote friendly Emby Connect pin process, and if you had done that, you'd be watching movies by now :)

• Like 1

divide_by_zero

Thanks Luke!

Totally get that the Emby pin is what's encouraged, and easiest for most scenarios. But trying to type a 12 digit pw on a god forsaken denovo mini kb wasn't worth the time though, with my rusty but trusty Emby 7MC install one input selection away.

Very much looking forward to the native app! I know it's been asked about a whole bunch, but any new info you can share about a guesstimated ETA? Promise I won't whine like the folks waiting for the new MBT if you don't hit your projections. :)

Cheers,

db0