Problem retrieving logs

Spaceboy

Spaceboy

Hi I'm trying to get Emby for Kodi working on a shield and while the movie and tv libraries sync fine I get failures when syncing music. The error message is about not being able to find certain files,but every time the file is there. Maybe there's a loss of network connection?

I tried the Kodi log uploader but that also throws an error. How do I get to the logs in this instance to see what the problem is./ upload here?

Ta

Angelblue05

Music doesn't work the same as video library. If you use add-on playback mode, the music library does not benefit from it since it only works with direct paths - meaning ur path to music needs to be formatted correctly and you need to include your network credentials if any is required to access the content.

What is the path to your music library?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spaceboy

The path to my music library is "\\diskstation\media\music"

I've added the network credentials and it does sync a lot of the music but once it can't find a file it will fail fairly soon after

Edited by Spaceboy

Spaceboy

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work either. Another instruction to check the log. Definitely a circular problem here!

CBers

finally found a way to get the logs off the shield!

kodi.log

Do you have ES FILE EXPLORER installed on your Shield?

I have and use it to copy/move files to my phone or PC before uploading.

• Like 1

Spaceboy

Do you have ES FILE EXPLORER installed on your Shield?

I have and use it to copy/move files to my phone or PC before uploading.

Kodi can't seem to write to anything externally, reading is fine. Tried usb stick, nfs, smb and mounting a share.

I couldn't see anything Kodi from Es explorer but I may not have had hidden directories set properly. In the end I created a new folder in Es explorer and managed to get Kodi to copy yo the log to there. I can then ftp from my laptop and pick up the log.

That's a few hours I'm not getting back! [emoji29]

CBers

The Kodi log is in a hidden directory, so you do need to enable "Show hidden files" in es file explorer.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@Spaceboy

I don't see any crashing errors in your log pertaining to music. You do have a few errors coming from script skin helper, but that has nothing to do with emby and you should report it to marcelveldt in the Kodi forums.

17:18:44 T:1395456304  NOTICE: EMBY Music -> ADD song itemid: b474e17ca1e5e22f152123f410389a1a - Title: Big Pimpin' / Papercut
17:18:45 T:1395456304  NOTICE: EMBY MusicTools -> File does not exist! smb://DISKSTATION/media/Media/Music/Jay-Z & Linkin Park/Collision Course/1 3 Jay-Z & Linkin Park - Collision Course - Jigga What - Faint.mp3

Does the path look correct, it has two media folders? Is it possible this particular folder has their permission screwed up? It seems to fail on this album only. If you are having trouble with music, I would suggest disabling any additional music settings in the add-on settings > sync options > (scroll to the bottom) such as import song rating directly from file, etc.

Edited by Angelblue05

Spaceboy

well i thought i had found the problem but not yet, apparently. the titles of those songs had \ in which was what was causing part of the issue. i say part because i replaced the \ with - in the metadata and refreshed these changes into the emby library. but kodi still seems to have problems locating the new file (even though the file name hadnt actually changed). and now i'm getting almost immediate library sync thread exits. here is a log. cheers

apparently i've exceeded my alloted disk space for attachments, how do i fix that? anyway https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqYdKMNjJrrjjN9q-3aApfma3e7OAw

Angelblue05

@@Spaceboy

Looking into it right now. Thanks for the log. For the space for attachments, you will probably have to delete a few things previously uploaded. To do this, go at the top of this page, select your account name > my settings > Manage attachments and start cleaning up old attachments.

Edit: Found the issue. Will be making a new build and push to both stable and beta repo. There was a typo in the logging code, sorry.

plugin.video.emby-2.2.18.zip

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 2

Spaceboy

no apologies necessary, glad you've found the error and i will try the new version tonight after work!

• Like 1

Spaceboy

hi @@Angelblue05 i'm still having some trouble with completing the music import. i'll post some logs once the sync completes or fails but i can see one potential problem immediately. it seems to be pulling music from the soundcloud plugin and its failing to find some of the files using a soundclound api url. i'm not sure whether channels such as soundcloud are supposed to be within the scope of the kodi plugin.

anyway will post logs shortly

Angelblue05

Emby doesn't use soundcloud... Is it possible something else is throwing errors like maybe the script skin helper? Anyway, your logs should clarify this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

I don't think it's something to be concerned with. Did the sync complete this time?

For now, I'd suggest you disable any enabled music settings under the emby add-on settings > sync options > scroll to the bottom:

579d48661cf45_screenshot003.png

Spaceboy

Well it depends what you mean by complete. The sync job doesn't fail but loads of music hasn't been added to Kodi. Something like 250 out of 1700 are missing. I'll try that setting and sync again

Edited by Spaceboy

Angelblue05

Ok, well we will review music very soon. I see a few errors of songs not being added due to not having an album Id assigned to them. I'm not sure how we will handle this case scenario yet. I'll let you know if more info is needed, thanks.  

Spaceboy

yeah i think theres a number of albums in my library without albumid's. its something i'd like to fix but there's very little in the way of filtering that is helpful to identify missing metadata for music

Spaceboy

ok, another problem. i can't actually play anything from emby for kodi, i always get a message telling me that it can't direct play the item but nothing else happens. i presume its something to do with network credentials but i cant see what. i changed my isp and router the other day and i have had to flush dns on all windows pc's. is this something that is required in kodi or on the shield because i am pretty sure my credentials are correct.

cheers

xnappo

ok, another problem. i can't actually play anything from emby for kodi, i always get a message telling me that it can't direct play the item but nothing else happens. i presume its something to do with network credentials but i cant see what. i changed my isp and router the other day and i have had to flush dns on all windows pc's. is this something that is required in kodi or on the shield because i am pretty sure my credentials are correct.

cheers

Post a log please. 

It is one of these things:

1. Need to use IP address, not windows machine name

2. Need to use UNC paths, not drive letters

3. Need to use path substitution

4. Credentials are not set up right/server does not allow non-windows clients

• Like 2