Hardware Transcoding questions and Issues

Cyberloard

Cyberloard

Hello,

I have a been experimenting with the Hardware Transcoding. I have a run into a few issues and would like to ask a few questions.

The first one is that in the blog post for 3.0.5986 it shows OpenMax as "OpenMAX OMX" however in my instance is says "h265_omx". Is there possibly something wrong with my Install? The reason I ask is because when the server has to transcode with omx it's unable to and the player whiter it be emby on android,emby web client or emby theater will error out saying that it can't play the video or does OMX require specific hardware.

I've also tried intel quick sync and it works for some video but others it doesn't. When it doesn't work I get the audio however the video is just black and in the logs it says [[h264_qsv @ 0000000003ebbac0] Error initializing the MFX video decoder, unsupported video]. I have attached what logs I have.

My Specs are:

CPU: Intel i5 3750k 

MEM:8 GB

GPU:XFX7870

server-63604828800.txt

transcode-IQSc.txt

transcode-OMX1.txt

transcode-OMX2.txt

Hi, in the case of quicksync, it is throwing this error:

[h264_qsv @ 0000000003ebbac0] Error initializing the MFX video decoder, unsupported video

Some investigation will be needed to determine why this video doesn't work with quick sync. My guess is either the 10-bit video depth or the high ref frame count.

As far as OMX goes, it's very new and experimental and we don't have all the answers yet. If some changes are needed, then we could use your help in determining what they are. Thanks!

Cyberloard

Thank you for the help,I think the videos that do have trouble with Quick Sync are 10-bit videos. As for OMX i'd be glad to help,although I wouldn't even know where to begin looking.

• 2 years later...
Pseudomax

Hi

After using Emby for quite a while with no problems, but recently had an error with the Embuary skin and EmbyCon for Librelec...

I am now travelling with my Librelec box and it for the most part works flawlessly with Emby server and DDNS ... but for some reason when transcoding a recent show it seems to not want to transcode and generates the MFX decoder error seen in @@Luke post above. I attach the logs... please let me know the resolution? I can play this video successfully on Android Emby App on my Samsung Galaxy S9 and another W10 laptop ...

thanks for all the hard work!!

ffmpeg logs.txt

Hi there, @@Pseudomax, can you please install the latest intel video drivers, reboot your machine, and then try again? If the issue still remains, then i would suggest trying again with the upcoming 4.1 release which will be available any day now. Thanks.