Seagate Personal Cloud

rassiee

• 5 months later...

Yes, it can side load linux apps, most popular unit has 3TB hdd, model number: STCR3000200, it uses 1,2 Ghz Marvell 88F6707 processor & 4gb ram, has working plex serv. app, and quite nice but simple interface.

In manual installation mode, apps can use: Buildroot 1.2, Debian Wheezy LAMP 1.2, Ubuntu Trusty Tahr 1.0, Unicorn API library 5.0.1 dependencies.

Ah great, so in that case you could just follow our Debian or Ubuntu installation instructions, right?

• 5 months later...
BigSteve84

I would like to know if there is Emby for Seagate Personal Cloud.

Man I've been asking for this for ages, I even spoke to the guys at Seagate about it this morning.

BigSteve84

@@BigSteve84 what did they say?

This is the reply they sent me

"Hello Steven,

We will pass along to our developers your suggestion regarding adding the Emby app to our Personal Cloud. Thank you for this feedback. We are always looking for suggestions to improve the functionality of the Personal Cloud and will consider incorporating these in future updates. For your current situation, we would suggest contacting Emby directly to see if they have a solution"

BigSteve84

I would think you could use our Debian instructions.

Unfortunately I have no idea what I'm doing, even after looking at the instructions on how to install Emby on Debian. I'd really appreciate some help with this or look into doing something for it? My whole setup is dependant on this cloud and without having Emby on it I have to leave my downstairs computer on to be able to use Emby upstairs.

BigSteve84

I would think you could use our Debian instructions.

Quick question Luke, I'm trying to do a manual install of Emby for Debian onto my cloud and as I said above I have no idea what I'm doing with anthing Linux related but I thought id give it a go. Anyway to install apps onto the cloud the file has to be a rbw file how would I go about getting that?

Edited by BigSteve84

BigSteve84

Yes, it can side load linux apps, most popular unit has 3TB hdd, model number: STCR3000200, it uses 1,2 Ghz Marvell 88F6707 processor & 4gb ram, has working plex serv. app, and quite nice but simple interface.

In manual installation mode, apps can use: Buildroot 1.2, Debian Wheezy LAMP 1.2, Ubuntu Trusty Tahr 1.0, Unicorn API library 5.0.1 dependencies.

Hi I'm trying follow the instructions to install on my cloud but it says that it has to be rbw file? How do I get the said file?

This is the Plex rbw file that you can use to do a manual install on the cloud 

https://mega.nz/#!k7JD2RrK!CWrZDvi4qbp51VyoPt9Acb8LSwUmUISYe_sv_M45nzE

Edited by BigSteve84