Question about hiding channel numbers and re-ordering your lineup.

kmanus

kmanus

I've searched the forums and can't find anything about whether or not this is possible. 

I'd like to hide the channel numbers (in Emby Theater at least,) and have the ability to re-order the channels in my lineup.  I tried changing the sort name in the metadata manager, but that just re-orders them in the metadata manager, not in the actual EPG (what probably is happening is the channel numbers over-ride the sort order names.)

I'm using QAM, so the numbers don't make much sense anyways...

Is either or both of these possible?

Hi, there is currently no explicit setting to hide channel numbers. We also don't have an explicit channel re-ordering feature as we generally just trust the data coming from the live tv provider. It's something we should add though. In the meantime, the closest workaround we have is that you can mark your favorite channels and they'll show up at the top of the guide.

jasonmcroy

Hi, there is currently no explicit setting to hide channel numbers. We also don't have an explicit channel re-ordering feature as we generally just trust the data coming from the live tv provider. It's something we should add though. In the meantime, the closest workaround we have is that you can mark your favorite channels and they'll show up at the top of the guide.

Luke, do you mean from the web app interface we can mark favorite channels and they will show up at the top? I had no idea it would do that! I learn something new every day. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest asrequested

You can favorite them in ET, too. If you have an HDHR device, you can use it's setup software to omit channels you don't want emby to import.

• Like 1

Luke, do you mean from the web app interface we can mark favorite channels and they will show up at the top? I had no idea it would do that! I learn something new every day. 

Yes !

• Like 1