Themes hang when going back to level 1 folders.

nairnmonster

nairnmonster

Hi,

Above is a video to show the issue.

It starts at 16 seconds and then hands at level 1 for 5 seconds before I can start moving folders again.

Emby WMC loads great, folder access is fast, but when i go from level 3 folders to level 1. There is a hang, this happens on all added themes apart from Classic.

I was a MB2 user for a long time and the NEO theme which was lightning fast, but about a month ago. I got this hang issue with the theme but with every level folder. I thought maybe there was something wrong with the machine, but all 4 media centers in the house started the exact same issue. I even built a VM for testing and same issue with the NEO theme on MB2. So I moved to Emby and it's still happening.

I have also tested by installing Emby WMC on a machine that had MB2 previously, a machine that MB2 but I uninstalled first, and on a complete fresh build machine all giving the same issue.

I'm running win7 U64x on all machines, Emby server is on s2008.

Update:

I have downloaded a few other themes for testing. Appears Maelstrom with use legacy folder browsing turned on lets this act in the same was as classic and there is no hang when returning to level 1 folders.

Any help would be great. Thanks

Edited by nairnmonster

I couldn't tell anything from your video but try the beta version of EMC.  Also be sure that you either properly configure the weather code in the settings or turn off weather display.

throgmorton

I couldn't tell anything from your video but try the beta version of EMC. Also be sure that you either properly configure the weather code in the settings or turn off weather display.

Yeah it may have had to do with weather as from memory I don't think the EHS of Maelstrom has it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk