WMC Emby Search issue

nairnmonster

nairnmonster

Hi there,

I have just moved from MB2 to Emby server and WMC Emby. Didn't want to move, but my NEO theme failed and couldn't get it to run even after a OS nuke and rebuild. Must be license expired or something. Anyway... I moved and I'm loving it.

The issue is, on the old MB2 i used to go into movie folders then type part of what I wanted to view. So say "Spider man" I would type "spider" and it would take me there. But for some reason on WMC-Emby I type Spider and it takes me on a random run. Never the same movie twice. But, if I type very slowly... S then let is show the S movies then press P and again let is bring up "SP" it will go to the correct movie.

Is this an issue or the size of my collection? The actual search function works perfect by the way.

I have attached a screenshot of what happens.

Thanks a million

Steve

post-141652-0-34412500-1466955798_thumb.jpg

I haven't seen that before but, the way you describe it, yes it sounds like it may be related to the size of that list.

nairnmonster

I had a more of a look, have another directory with less than 500 items and it didn't act the same way. It works as MB2 did in the past.

Is there anything that I can do to work around this or do I just have to enter in digits slowly to search or use the actual search function?

epayson85

That's odd... I can do a list of 2000 movies and it works fine. My guess is it's the theme you are using. What theme is that? I can tell you I have tested every single theme... chocolate and throgsofts themes are the only ones that run well. Meaning no lag / everything responds to button presses instantly.

nairnmonster

I'm using Chocolate. Could it be that I had my whole library setup with MCM for MB2. I wasn't wanting to jump fully into the new browser till I had tested it. So the download metadata is turned off so I guess it downloads as I try and access it?

I'm using Chocolate. Could it be that I had my whole library setup with MCM for MB2. I wasn't wanting to jump fully into the new browser till I had tested it. So the download metadata is turned off so I guess it downloads as I try and access it?

No, that's not it.  The difference could be the computing power of the machine running EMC.

nairnmonster

It's a performance issue, it might be old machine compared to whats going about now. But its a i7 990x, 24gb ram, and a SSD raid 0 setup.

I could just need a rebuild? I have been running same OS install for over 5 years.

Could my server be anything to do with it?

The server should have no impact on this particular issue (unless running on the same machine).

nairnmonster

No its on a dedicated server, right will install Emby on another machine for testing. I will get back to you with an update.

epayson85

That is not the fastest computer but it should easily be able to handle what you are throwing at it.  Very odd.

nairnmonster

Yeah I know, I'm baffled by this. I know my machine is old now, but still licks the floor with a lot of stuff going now. Nothing is being pushed over 10% when access the library. I'm just setting up another HTPC to test.

Possible it is GPU bound as well as WMC will be attempting to scroll to the appropriate position.  Does it work better if you try something that is closer to what is on-screen at the time?

nairnmonster

Okay on my bedroom htpc, just installed and tested. its just for watching tv and movies and no power at all. but the search works exactly as expected. Instant.

nairnmonster

There is also the fact that after the short delay to search, it also gives me the wrong movies. Just searched Zulu and it gave me 2 Fast 2 Furious. But type slowly... no problem. lol