Slow to load with Chocolate

pgriffith

Sammy

BTW, I too have slow load times for EMC and am pretty sure I haven't tweaked any of the settings being discussed in this thread.

Sammy

Is there a way to launch programs from WMC? 

Currently I put EMC in position one on the task bar by having my Harmony send a Win+T as explained here. This momentarily flashes the desktop and taskbar (sometimes) and then loads WMC. When I'm done I can use the green button on the remote or the EMC exit button to return to WMC or I can press the pre-programmed RecordedTV or LiveTV or Guide buttons on the remote to go directly there. I haven't tried but it seems that when ET is in full screen it takes focus and needs to be manually exited to get back to the desktop and then I need to load WMC. Having this automated would be perfect for me! 

I did a quick google search and found this for launching XBMC (yes, 2010) but it takes away the green button for launching WMC from the remote. I only link it because it may have some clue as to good source code to start with to do this in 2016 with ET and WMC..

BTW, what happened to the WMC plugin in ET? Is that ever going to come back?

With the new app we haven't yet built a way to launch other programs, as we're mostly focusing on activities inside the app.

pgriffith

With release of Server 3.0.5985 everything now seems to be working ok, everything populates with pretty good speed, the movies library is now fully populated as well.

Emby Theater is also back to working fine.

Sammy

I got updated to 3.1.58.0 and am noticing speed improvements now too.. at least over the internet because I'm not at home and not using WMC. It loads much faster using the connect app or direct connection to the server through chrome. At any rate, I'm thinking of dropping off the beta so I don't get so many server updates that seem to sometimes cause issues. is that possible or do I need to stay in the beta channel? I remember a time last year where dropping back to stable wasn't recommended less the user would have to start from scratch.