Feature request for .strm files to be fully supported

killride

killride

I'm asking for a new feature for strm files. For the moment, it's not possible to move into a strm flux and stop/resume.

For users informations : strm file is File created for multimedia applications, such as Kodi and Plex; contains a URL address that is scanned and accessed by the multimedia application in order to stream the audio or video content from the URL address.

All my videos are stored on my 1fichier account and read by strm file so it's really important to me to have the feature.

I need the community support on this topic so please guys let a comm ;)

PS: If someone need help or information about strm file and kodi, PM me !

Thanks

KillRide

Edited by killride
  • Like 9

Angelblue05

I will move this to server feature requests - as we mentioned in your original thread, the server needs to know the runtime of the file, to be able to resume. It has nothing to do with emby for Kodi. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

Happy2Play
Angelblue05

They are supported - but barely. There's no runtime, therefore we are unable to resume, etc.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

We are monitoring it for community feedback and we'll see where it goes. thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
killride

After all, the fact than strm aren't fully supported have some side effects like It's write direct play on the dashboard but it's direct stream, Path substitutions don't work with Playback mode Addon (It works pretty well with folder full of .avi).

For information, NFS can be use as a path substitution with kodi.

Edited by killride

tatumana

This feature request will be in perfect harmony with mine! I want it too!

Edited by tatumana
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Merci les gars c'est cool ;)

à bientôt.

Hello killride merci pour ta demande, n’attend que ça !! ça sera bien de la part de devlopers emby de sortir un truc full compatible . Merci Emby ;)

Angelblue05

@@Luke

Not necessarily related to strm files, but experimental files like ISO could also benefit from manually assigning a runtime in the metadata manager, since the server doesn't probe those type of files.