Emby for WMC not showing content

mrees

But Luke... I am not running Beta,,, just the newest release...

In your case, go to /Users/anthonyjames/.config/emby-server/data

and delete the library.db file

Mustang Dave

In your case, go to /Users/anthonyjames/.config/emby-server/data

and delete the library.db file

Luke... I am running Windows...But I know what you mean... trying it now...

Edited by Mustang Dave

Mustang Dave

An hour in since I deleted the library.db and I am only 16.7% i7 3.60 GHZ with 16 GB and I cant access any collections...

Well in your case, you didn't have to do that. Multiple people piggybacked into this thread with separate things and I confused about who was who. Sorry.

Mustang Dave

Well in your case, you didn't have to do that. Multiple people piggybacked into this thread with separate things and I confused about who was who. Sorry.

Well I just followed your quote... I didnt delete the library, just moved it.  Can it be moved back and everything associate?

Yes but if you're an hour in you could just let it finish and then decide between the two. The latest server is more efficient with the database so there are benefits to letting it rebuild.

Mustang Dave

Well at this rate, it will take almost 2 - 3 more hours... but do you think it will fix the movie problem?  My "Movies" collection is empty. All other collections work work, but very slow to load initially." plus i noticed if i go into Metadata Manager and go to Movies nothing ever comes up....   And on this versions all task scans and updates and running slower...

Mustang Dave

I am about 5 hours in and at 57.8% done... Everything shows some population, but anything that is strictly set as "movie" content is showing nothing...

Did you try this?

If you have the option to collapse box set items turned on, try turning it off.

Mustang Dave

ebr... not to sound dumb... but where and what does that do... and why would that affect Movies?  when it has been working perfectly till the update...?

It is a display option on the server and it affects movies greatly because it collapses them into collections they belong to.

Mustang Dave

I guess I should have added I get empty Movie content on WMC and on the Web and if I go under Metadata Manager and try to expand Movies it just spins endlessly...

under library settings -> dipslay. i am not sure it will resolve your issue, but it's worth trying. thanks.

Mustang Dave

Luke... Thanks for telling me where it was located...

ebr... Thanks for the idea... it seems to be working...

I UNCHECKED Group Movies Into Collections

Even though my Scan Media is only at 69.5% and going on  8.5 hours, before unchecking, every time I entered any Movie content from anywhere, nothing showed... Now I get MOVIES!!!!

But the weird thing, of course I had to double check the findings, I rechecked and it still works.  Could something been hung from the update and did not reset?

Mustang Dave

Scan Media Library FINALLY finished... Taking 16 hours 20 minutes and 28 seconds

Trevor68

Same issues here, been fiddling for a week or so now trying to fix it, all collections are fine except movies is MT. I assume it's MT as the watchlist for movies is totally stuffed, so there really isn't any "latest" movies to display. I run the latest beta server.

I have tried totally deleting EMBY WMC, including all folders and reinstalling, no difference. I tried this again but using Stable release, and still no difference.

All other applications like web client etc display movies just fine, only Emby for WMC is empty.

Not home right now, but can post some logs tonight. Would be interesting if the requests are timing out, as server and client are on the same pc.

Same issues here, been fiddling for a week or so now trying to fix it, all collections are fine except movies is MT. I assume it's MT as the watchlist for movies is totally stuffed, so there really isn't any "latest" movies to display. I run the latest beta server.

I have tried totally deleting EMBY WMC, including all folders and reinstalling, no difference. I tried this again but using Stable release, and still no difference.

All other applications like web client etc display movies just fine, only Emby for WMC is empty.

Not home right now, but can post some logs tonight. Would be interesting if the requests are timing out, as server and client are on the same pc.

And have you tried the solution offered in this thread?

solidus28

I had a similar situation with Music Videos and ebr's solution seems to have worked.  Immediately after upgrading to Server version 5985, my Music Videos would take ~40 seconds to load the "Latest" entries on the main EMC screen.  After which, I could go up and play anything in "Latest".  But if I clicked "Play" on the main Music Videos folder and try to Play all or Play Random, it would tell me something along the lines that there were no applicable files (didn't write it down, but can duplicate if necessary).  Also, if I tried to enter the Music Videos folder, I would be met with "No Items".  

I unchecked "Group movies into collections" on the server as suggested in this thread, relaunched EMC on my HTPC and Music Videos now load the Latest list quickly, will allow me to enter the folder, and will allow me to Play All/Play Random again.  Just to prove the theory, I rechecked the collections box, and EMC failed on Music Videos again.  I unchecked it and it's working beautifully.  That suggestion definitely fixed my issue.

Should I just leave that unchecked going forward or is that something that needs to be tweaked/fixed in a future release?

Thanks for the help!

Should I just leave that unchecked going forward or is that something that needs to be tweaked/fixed in a future release?

That is just a workaround for now.  It will be addressed by a new server release.  Thanks.

Trevor68

And have you tried the solution offered in this thread?

, now that i figured out we are talking about "group movies into collection" yes, I will try that tonight.

• 5 months later...
bomboora

I have exactly the same problem.

The content of movies en series disappears.

Each time I have to rescan the library, restart emby and then wait for a long time to get everything back.

I'm using the latest stable version in win 7.

I have exactly the same problem.

The content of movies en series disappears.

Each time I have to rescan the library, restart emby and then wait for a long time to get everything back.

I'm using the latest stable version in win 7.

Hi @@bomboora, is your content offline when the library scan runs?